Chapter Four

There is no point in talking about training, except I threw a couple spears, Tridents, and knives. Now the interview, there is one interesting part.

"Will Finnick Odair come up!" Boomed Caesar Flickerman, the host for the Hunger Games, for well over 30 years. I walked up and everyone cheered. "So, how do you feel about being in the 65th Hunger Games, Finnick?" Asked Caesar Flickerman.

"Although I'm a career tribute, I know I'm gonna die early in the games. I can't survive in the wild, the only thing I can do is throw a Trident, a spear, and a couple of knives. And what if there are no Tridents or spears. I will die then. No doubt about it."

The rest of the time he was just asking about family life and stuff like that. On launch day, I entered the Hover Craft, they inserted a tracker in my arm, and when we arrived at the Arena, they dropped me off at the launch pad. I said good bye to Mags before we left.

Dako walked in with a leather bag. She pulled out a tank top, a long sleeves shirt, a thin jacket, and a coat. She then pulled out shorts and thick pants. "Be expecting weather from all seasons." She said. Then she gave me a pair of sandals and boots.

I put on everything, put the boots on, and put the sandals in my pocket, and walked into the launch pad. She nodded to me, before walking away. I started going up, then  I saw darkness, and then I emerged onto an island. It felt like summer. I looked around. There was a forest to my back left, and the cornucopia in front of me.

On my back right there was a big cliff, and to my front left, a big field, and to my front right, a beach, which you can see three other islands in. I figured one must be winter, Because it was white, one was fall, because it was a reddish golden forest is what it looked like, and the other one was close.

It was a big paradise. Flowers, palm trees, and a big field. It must of been spring on that one. I looked on the ground in front of me. I saw a pocket knife and a backpack. Claudius Templesmith came on, and said "Let the 65th Hunger Games begin!"

One of the gamemakers started counting down from 60. I looked beside me. To my right was the 16 year old District 8 male, and to my left was the 12 year old District 5 female. "3, 2, 1, 0!" The gong sounded. I ran toward the knife and backpack. I picked it up, and swung the backpack over my shoulder.

I flipped the knife open while running towards the District 8 Male. He barely made it off his podium, he was fast, but I tackled him, and he punched me in my face. I then sunk the pocket knife into his chest. He screamed and hit me again.

I stabbed him 12 times after that. 13 times in total. 7 times in his chest, 4 times in his throat, and 2 times in his right arm. I jumped up and ran towards the cornucopia. This one dude ran at me. I stabbed him in his right shoulder, and pushed him down.

He wasn't dead, and I didn't care. I looked all in the cornucopia and around it. No Trident. I saw plenty of Throwing knives and grabbed a bundle of those. And I saw a spear. I picked it up, right before the District 6 male did. I hit him with the pole, and when he fell on his knees, I stabbed him in the back.

It went all the way through, emerging from his chest. I saw a figure running in the corner of my eye. I looked and saw that it wasn't a career or a 12 or 13 year old, but Instead the 17 year old female tribute from District 11.

I pulled the spear out if the boy, and threw it at the girl. It entered her tight side right under the rib cage. I ran over to her. She was on her knees. Blood was dribbling out the side of her mouth. She coughed and looked at me with a sad expression.

I didn't feel sorry. It's the Hunger Games. People die, that's the way it goes. I pulled out the spear, and used one finger to push her over. She coughed when she hit the ground.  Everyone was gone except for the other careers. 11 was still suffering. About 10 minutes later, I saw her cough one more time, before dieing.

The bloodbath was officially over. I knew that because I heard 8 cannon shots, signaling the 8 who died so far. I killed 3 of them. I walked in the cornucopia and saw 7 instead of 5. Rock said "Finnick, we added Savage, the District 5 Male, and Xavier, the District 11 Male."

Xavier said "We were gonna add Maya, my District Partner, but we can't find her. Have you seen her?" I said "I kinda, um, yes I did see her. And I kinda um, I kinda um, I kinda um, killed her."

Xavier said "What?!?" He stood up, pulled out a knife, and launched it into my chest. White, hot searing pain was pulsing through my chest.

Instantly I reacted by throwing the spear. In landed it his right shoulder. He screamed, pulled it out, threw it on the ground, and stormed out of the Cornucopia, and when he got outside, he ran towards the woods.

I was breathing heavily. I almost fell but Rock caught me. He said "Finnick stay with us. I'm gonna help you, stay with us, don't you die." Then he yelled "Savage get that healing stuff!!!" Savage ran over to Rock, and handed it to him. He pulled out the knife and instantly put the stuff in there. I screamed and reflexes took control of me.

I hit Rock in the face. He said "Its ok. It's just reflexes. It's ok." The pain was so bad, that I passed out after he said that.