Six

Emily Abbott

Later that day, Dylan had dashed out of the room after changing into swim shorts, saying he was meeting the guys at the water park.

I immediately got up and headed down the hall some to knock on my sisters door.

Cathryn opened the door, wearing her own bathing suit. "Hey, I was just heading to the hot tub."

"Come with me to my room to let me change, I have something to tell you."

Collin leaned back in the hotel chair, looking at us from the desk against the wall. He looked away from his computer to quirk an eyebrow.

Cathryn nodded and gathered her things before closing the door.

When we got to my room, I closed the door and cornered her against it.

She raised her eyebrows. "You know Trevor, from Dylan's team?"

"This is first time I've ever met any of these boys." She pointed out.

"He's the guy I've had a crush on, for like, six months." I slapped my hand against the wall. She nodded her head, though I knew she didn't know.

"We kissed. We're playing twenty questions and we kissed."

Her mouth fell open and her arms came around to squeeze me.

"You got your first kiss! With a cute hockey boy! Em!" Cathryn exclaimed.

I loved my older sister. She was the one who told me about boys and crushes, how to do your hair, and how to stick up for yourself. I was so glad for Cathryn.

When we were done celebrating, she told me she'd wait in the hall as I got changed.

I met her in the hall, walking down together. "I'm pretty sure he'll be down there. I'll point him out to you."

Cathryn led me to the hot tub, a posting of an '18+ only ' sign above the water.

"Sorry, Em. Not allowed." I heard, looking up to see Trevor.

His wet hair and tan skin, even if it was December in Michigan, it made my stomach flip.

I lightly slapped my sister next to me. "Is that him?" She whispered and I nodded. Cathryn giggled.

Cam, Alex, Cole, and Jude all sat in the pool, quickly making conversation with Cathryn.

Trevor had his arm around Cam, but he slid away from him and nodded his head in my direction, signaling for me to slide over.

I slowly made my way over to him, sitting in the space next to him, appreciating the warm water.

"Jeez, am I tired." Trevor declared, fake yawning before throwing his arm around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes at him, but couldn't help but match his smile.

I couldn't ignore how good it felt to be tucked beneath Trevor. I didn't want this to end.

But it did, and quickly at that. My brother and Jack walked up the stairs towards the hot tub, and Trevor's arm disappeared from my shoulders.

Jack slid into the pool, greeting everyone and swimming over to me.

Jack, in an instant, threw his arm around me and leant his head against my shoulder. This was new.

Trevor's eyebrows furrowed. He looked at me, raising his eyebrows in search of an explanation.

I shrugged my shoulders, catching the alarmed look from my sister and brother across the hot tub.