Time to Process

Coulson hadn't spoken to Steve since the phone call a few days ago, when Rogers barged into his office only to tell him the worst news he'd ever heard. Daisy Johnson, wife, mother, inhuman, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, and almost like a daughter to him, was dead. She had met the same fate as Natasha Romanoff, only the Terrigen overwhelmed her already inhuman body and she faded to dust.

Then it clicked in Coulson's head. He had noticed a few days back that Natasha possessed very similar inhuman powers as Daisy. Now it all made sense.

Romanoff has absorbed Daisy's powers, while also gaining a small amount of her own. Natasha Romanoff, was the new Quake.

The one thing that bothered him, was something that he couldn't change. She was stronger. Daisy Johnson was the most powerful person Coulson had ever met. Now Natasha has Daisy's powers plus her own, making her the most powerful person on earth. She's dangerous. Natasha needs to be kept under Coulson's watchful eye.

Or the whole world could come tumbling down.

-

"What are we going to do? Natasha can't just... can't just be like this forever?" Clint said.

"There's no going back," Bruce said. "It's permanent."

"We have to get her away from S.H.I.E.L.D. You have no idea what Coulson does to people that have powers. She'll be on the index, being kept under him, she won't have any freedom. No more 'saving the world'. We need to bring her back with us. She'll be safer here."

"So you're suggesting we just kidnap her?" Bruce yelled. "We don't even know where the base is and we definitely can't just walk in like we own the place!"

"Lunch," Clint said.

"Clint lunch was hours ago."

"No, we invite Natasha and Steve to lunch. They don't know we know, and we distract Steve and take Nat."

"That's- that's actually a pretty good idea."

"I'll make the call."

-

"Hey Nat, how are you doing?" Steve asked. He wore a grin on his face, more handsome than ever.

"I'm doing better," Natasha replied. "I feel a lot better than I did."

"That's really good," Steve replied. He sat down on Natasha's bed where she was sitting. Natasha rested her head on Steve shoulder and smiled. "I love you Nat. I never told you that, you know, after you told me."

Natasha head perked up. "That's okay Steve," she replied.

"I guess I needed time to process what you said, but then I realized I loved you too. I always have."

Natasha blushed, a smile crawling across her face. "I'll love you forever Steve Rogers."

Steve leaned in for a kiss, and replied, "I'll love you for eternity, Natasha Romanoff."

-

Melinda May, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and specialist, knocked on Coulson's door. "I heard about Daisy."

"Yeah. It sucks doesn't it?" Coulson replied. "But I have to protect Natasha. If anyone finds out-"

"They won't. We'll keep her safe. Steve knows how to keep her in check, we just have to not scare the crap out of her." May laughed.

Coulson smiled. "Daisy deserves a funeral. She was a special asset on this team, a friend, a family member."

"We'll give her one. I promise." May walked over to Coulson's desk, and grabbed his forearm. "It's okay to mourn Phil. It's okay to cry. We've all had our fair share of losses, but this one is far worse than any of them."

A tear slipped out of Coulson's eye, and he glanced at May to see if she'd seen it. "She didn't deserve the ending she got. That's not fair on her."

"But there's nothing we can do now Phil. We just have to live for her. That's what she'd want us to do."

-

"Nat I brought something for you," Jemma says as she walks into Natasha's room.

"What is it?"

"It's a sound disruptor bracelet. It'll quiet all of the strong sound waves so you don't have to hear everything."

Natasha placed the bracelet on her wrist. She felt everything go quiet, back to its normal pitch.

"Does it work?"

"Wonderfully yes," Natasha replied. "Thank you."

-

Clint came downstairs dressed in jeans and a leather jacket. "I'm all ready Bruce. Did you make the call?"

"Yeah. Steve said they'd be there."

"Good. Are you ready?"

"I'm ready to get my friend back."

-

Clint and Bruce drove to the small restaurant they agreed to meet Natasha and Steve at. The name was "Lizzy's". Once they were there, they met Nat and Steve, sat down, and ordered.

"So are you feeling better Nat?" Clint asked.

"Definitely. Steve and Tony have helped a lot." Natasha replied. She looked up at Steve and leaned on his shoulder.

"That's really good. When are you coming home?"

"I'm not sure. I might stay and hang out with S.H.I.E.L.D. for awhile. They're fun." She said with a laugh.

The food eventually came, and when they were done eating, Clint and Bruce's plan lept into action.

Bruce took Steve over to the bar to talk for a few minutes. Clint talked to Natasha for a while. Then he pretended to have left something in their car and asked Nat to go with him. He then proceeded to drug her and shove her in the car.

"Complete," Clint said in his comms. "I've got her."

-

Steve ran back into the S.H.I.E.L.D. base. "They took her!" He shouted. "They took her!"

"Took whom?" Coulson asked.

"Natasha. Clint and Bruce took Natasha."