Please Stop, You're Scaring Me

"Now I have a theory, Simmons you're going to tell me if I'm remotely correct."

"Okay Coulson I'm listening."

"If Daisy died, her powers should've caused a huge earthquake"

"Correct."

"But since she died in a pool of Terrigen, her powers were just absorbed into the water.  My theory, Natasha got them whenever she was thrown in."

"Yes, that should be correct. Originally, I had thought she was controlling the sound waves around her to cause the 'quaking'. Now, if your theory is correct, she was controlling the frequency all along. If she hadn't fallen in after Daisy, she would only have the power to control the sound."

"Okay then. We figured it out." Coulson replied.

"She's still missing," Steve said. "I don't even know how they got her out of there. I had my eye on her the whole time."

"They most likely took her to the Avengers Facility. If they took her because they know about her powers, they'd want to keep her with them. Plus, I'd be better for them if she woke up in a familiar place. Clint's worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. before, so he's probably scared that we're going to hurt her."

"We have to get her back. She can't stay with them."

"I know Mr. Rogers but we cannot storm the facility."

"Actually... we can."

-

Natasha Romanoff woke up in her old room. Windows all around her, black and white furniture and comforter spread out over her bed. She sat up confused. How did I get here? She thought. "Steve?"

She heard footsteps outside, birds chirping, doors slamming. Everything was... loud again. Natasha glanced down at her wrist, only to see that her noise canceling bracelet was gone.

Natasha jumped out of bed and rushed to the door. It was unlocked. She ran down the hallway to Clint's room. Without knocking, she burst through the door. "Clint, where's my bracelet?!"

-

"We could try to sneak in," Tony suggested.

"They'd know we're coming. There's cameras everywhere." Steve replied.

"But we know where they are. There's some spots without them. I did that on purpose."

"Smart, Tony. Where are they?"

-

"What bracelet Nat?" Clint said.

"Whisper Clint!" She shouted.

"Why?" Clint said, his voice now reduced to a whisper.

"Where is my bracelet?"

"You mean the fancy glowing beeping one? Bruce made me take it off, he thought it was a tracker."

Natasha frantically looked around the room for weapons of any kind. "What did you do with it?"

"I destroyed it. The hammer did a rather nice job."

"Crap..." Nat whispered as she ran out of the room.

-

"Rogers you ready to go?" Tony shouted.

"Yeah one second!" He shouted in reply. Steve ran into Jemma Simmons' office. "Hey, Jemma! Do you have more models of the bracelet you gave Nat?"

"Yeah, I think I might have one more..." she replied. Jemma rummaged through her desk, finally pulling out a metal band. "Here. This one isn't  as advanced but it should help... with whatever you need it for."

"Thank you so much Jemma!" Steve said.

"Steve, plan's up in two!" Tony yelled.

"Coming!"

-

"Natasha where are you going?" Clint yelled.

"Away!" She yelled back.

"Nat! We're trying to help you!" He said. He ran to catch up with her. Grabbing her arm, he said, "Let us help you."

"I don't need your help. I'm fully capable of taking care of myself."

"Not now Nat."

Natasha started at him, silence creeping around the hallway. "What do you mean not now?"

"I know. Bruce and I both know."

"Know what? That I can kill you? Because I'm seriously thinking about doing that."

"No, we know about the Terrigen."

The smirk dissolved off of Natasha's face. "Wha- no. No you can't! No one told you!" She shouted.

"We saw the footage," Clint replied. "Natasha let us help you."

"No. Steve, Steve was helping me. You took me away from him, you kidnapped me!" She cried.

"Natasha, please, let me explain."

"Stop!" Natasha screamed. A quake erupted from her, knocking Clint to the ground.

Natasha took this opportunity and ran, as fast as she could into the Hanger. There, she ran into Bruce.

"Hey, Nat, what's up?"

"Get out of my way," she commanded.

"I can't Nat. You have to stay."

"Bruce, you have to let me go. Please!"

"Tasha, come here..." Bruce said. Before he could finish another quake came from Nat, causing Bruce to fly across the room.

She fell. A sound, piercing her ears, pounding her head. Natasha screamed, letting herself fall to the ground. It didn't seem to affect Bruce. He got right up and ran to Natasha's side.

"Nat! Natasha calm down!"

Natasha felt whoozy. She could hardly breathe, or think. She just screamed.

"Natasha!" Came a familiar voice. It was Steve.

"Steve..." she whispered. He ran up, pushing Bruce out of the way. Steve picked Natasha up, holding her in his arms, and ran.

Once they both got back to the Zephyr, Steve lightly clasped the bracelet on Natasha's wrist. "Hey... hey. It's okay. I'm right here."

Natasha clung to him, no letting go. "Steve..."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

-

Clint ran into the Hanger. Bruce sat in the floor, defeated. "Where's Nat?"

Bruce just stared at the floor. "Gone."