Epilogue

It was a bright, sunny day at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted. 

 "This is exactly what Stefan would have wanted for the place," Margret remarked as she and Keelin walked up the path to the school. "Something this useful and wonderful." 

 Caroline Forbes was sitting outside on a bench, watching the children who were hanging around outside. She had a faint smile on her face which abruptly faded when she saw Margret and Keelin. 

 "Margret?" She walked up to them. She didn't seem to have any idea what to say. "It's...been years." 

 "I know. I'm very sorry I didn't keep in touch with you," Margret said solemnly. "That's been an issue of mine. I came here today because I heard there's something you might be able to help me with." 

 "Me?" Caroline asked. "What would that be?" 

 "I heard you might be able to help me get ahold of a dose of the Cure," Margret explained. "I need it, for myself." She glanced over at Keelin. "This is Keelin, by the way. My fiancé." 

 "It's nice to meet you, Caroline," Keelin said to her. "Margret has had only good things to say about you." 

 "Oh." Caroline looked between them, visibly understanding why Margret wanted the Cure. "You know, why don't we go inside? I think I might be able to help you." 

 As they followed her inside, Margret whispered, "This is the key to our future. I promise." 

 It was a future they were both absolutely ready for.