wattpad

so I come to write to you, after a year and almost 2 months of not even updating this book. This book is one of my best written books and it shows how much my writing and I have grown. I am grateful for all of the love this book received even if perceived as a book without much clout or whatever you'd like to call it. This book, even though only two chapters at the moment, is something I've put my heart and soul into. I really thought about the plot and the characters and things like that. I am trying to release it as a whole book and not just chapters by chapters as first intended. I find that waiting for chapters and writing them one by one makes my writing worse and less effective.

But wattpad isn't as happy as it used to be. Doesn't make me as happy as it used to. I started writing here, and stayed for 5 years. I feel as works of art in the kpop wattpad community especially aren't appreciated as much as they should be. But that's a minor problem for me. It's just I've felt like I've grown and wattpad isn't something that my writing should be on anymore, especially my new writing.

Even though I use the identities of Korean idols, that I use them as more of face claims, I pick and choose how they should act according to the plot. I need to work on character development with my own characters. I strive to tell a story that makes the characters feel more than fluff and angst, something deeper. There's a changki book I read by Akiko-chaan I forgot the title at the moment but that book is one of the best kpop fan fictions I've read ever. It made me realize that writing with kpop doesn't always have to stick to guidelines, doesn't always have to have a happy ending, but it needs to engage the reader, make the reader feel as though they are living in that moment, and not just spectators.

I want to deliver more mature pieces to you guys, pieces that I'm proud of, that you guys can identify with. And I wanna do that with the utmost confidence and no fear of losing my readers, most of them are stuck on my bts too oneshots book, and don't really enjoy themes more specific than that. And I don't blame them because I love that book with my whole heart, and that's what really started my writing here. But I'm not proud of my writing here.

I also find that my works of fiction are criticized for not being realistic enough which isn't even the intent of my writing. I never strive for realism because it's a story, the characters aren't real, the plot isn't real, nothing is real. Writing doesn't have to be realistic to engage a reader, well realistic to our world if that makes sense. I make whole new dimensions with my pieces because realism stresses me out. I read each comment, and I try to respond to nice ones and ignore the slightly not nice ones because they make me not upset but just a little regretful for even uploading my writing. But I realize that I want to write for my whole life, when I'm in college, when I'm married, when I have kids, when I'm flying across the world and doing amazing things for my community, I still want to be writing. So I ignore those comments and keep doing what I want because it's my pieces!

So I want to continue to write my books but just not here, somewhere where all themes are appreciated, and after months and months of contemplating, I want to continue writing on AO3 or Archive of Our Own. That platform is a step up from this one, and I feel like I belong there more than here.

So I will only leave one book here, once this book is released on AO3 because it's a waste to leave unfinished stories on here after I've left. I really hope to see many of my readers on my AO3 account showing support and love because I know you guys miss this book so much. Please don't be upset with me and understand how I feel because I never meant to be incompetent with my updates. Anyways, you don't have to create an account but I would suggest you visit archiveofourown.com/jaepeach to see my works already uploaded on there!

Anyways, thank you for the endless support you guys have given me for 5 years. I love you guys with my whole heart. It's time to embrace a new chapter <3