The Disappearing

July 28, 2191

The sun gleamed on Emerald Grove that bright Saturday morning. Devin got up at dawn and got ready as quickly as he could go see Aladia, his best friend.

Devin tapped on his mirror to activate the touchpad. He pulled the pad out towards him as the options and letters were glowing green right in front of him. He tapped the portal option then typed in Aladia Hudson Residence.

Seconds later Devin was in Aladia's room. He walks over to her bathroom door and knocks, "Aladia, you in there? It's Devin." No reply. He turns the doorknob and slowly opens the door, nobody was there.

Devin walked to the center of the room and stood there. He looked over at Aladia's bed with the white sheets with beautiful embroidery on the edges. It looked so clean, too clean for Devin's taste. He brushed a hand along the edges of the bed; it seemed as if the bed hadn't even been touched. Something didn't seem right.

Devin quickly walked over to her mirror tapped on it and pulled the pad towards him. The options and letters glowing bright purple, glimmering on his face. He typed on the touchpad the last check-in to see if Aladia came home last night. The screen read checked in on July 27th at 2:05 pm checked out at 5:15 pm. Devin frowns at the screen thinking that none of this makes sense, Aladia always comes home. He starts thinking up what could've happened to her but could only think of the worst. Was she kidnapped? Is she dead?

Devin runs to the double glass doors to go find Archer, Aladia's older brother. He puts his thumb on the pad next to the door a female voice speaks, "Devin Trujillo: access granted." The pad glows green scans his thumbprint and there's a click. He pushes the doors open and runs across the hall to find Archer.

"Archer?!" Devin yells, "Where are you?!" He reached Archer's room and puts his thumb on the pad next to the door, the AI speaks, "Devin Trujillo: access granted." He pulls the door open and quickly steps into Archer's room. What he saw when he stepped through was unimaginable.

"Archer!" Devin screams as he sees his best friend's brother lying on the floor, dead. He tried to keep his emotions intact so he could figure out what exactly happened in the Hudson household. His immediate thought was whoever did this to Archer must have taken Aladia. He didn't know anyone who could ever hate the Hudson family, they were the sweetest people in the world. the parents: June and Cyrus Hudson, the perfect mother and father figure. They always followed the rules of Emerald Grove and never missed a deadline; they were almost too perfect.

But Devin understood one thing the only thing that matters; this wasn't an ordinary accident this was murder. He knew he had to avenge Archer's death and find Aladia before it's too late.

WC: 490 words

A/N: this is part one of an original story I created a few years ago I hope y'all like it.