Daddy And I Won't Be Mad

Melody's POV

"Mama!"

Waking up from my deep slumber, I hear my baby yelling for me. Hurrying out of my room, I run down the hall and to a small room nearby. Rubbing my eyes from tiredness, my vision clears up to see a small three year old girl sitting up in her canopy bed.

"What's wrong baby?"

I sit down and pull her into my arms. Running my hands through her wild curls calms her down a bit. Tears run down her face as she looks at me with innocent eyes.

"I had a nightmare."

"Aw baby it's okay. I'm here now and nothing is going to happen to you. What was the nightmare sweetie?"

My hands wipe away her tears as she sniffles trying to stop crying. She wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me softly.

"Aw my sweet little girl... tell me."

"Mama why don't I have a daddy?"

I freeze in shock. Never had these words come out her mouth. Never had she asked about her dad and why he wasn't here or if she even had one.

"What are you talking about sweetie? Of course you have a daddy. Where is this coming from?"

The little girl pulls away and looks at me with a pouty face, "Mia and Lucy we're making fun of me yesterday. They said my daddy didn't love me and that's why he's never here. They said I don't have one anymore."

Anger courses through my veins as I think about the two little brats from daycare. Their moms are like Hollywood plastics who have nothing better in life to do then talk about other moms. So because of this their children listen and repeat.

I hold my baby's face in my hands and rub her cheeks with my thumbs, "Baby no you do have a daddy. He loves you very much."

She shakes her head and pulls away from my bear hug. Pouting even more she crosses her arms and crocodile tears start to fall.

"Then where is he? Why doesn't he pick me up from daycare? Or take me to get ice cream. All my friends daddies came in and read stories with us but not my daddy."

A tear slides down my face. I thought I would have a few more years to go until I had to tell her.

"Nova my sweet little girl... your daddy loves you so much. More than anything... more than me."

Nova smiles as I grin widely.

"Your daddy can't be here with us anymore."

I move and sit beside her with my back on the wall. Holding her small hand I bring it up to my lips and kiss it.

"God told daddy that it was time to go with him up in the sky. He's in heaven now baby. And he's looking out for us. Daddy is an angel now. He will always be with you whether you see him or not. Do you understand sweetie?"

Nova nods slowly looking up at the ceiling, "So daddy is up in the sky and he can't come down?"

"Yes baby."

"And he's watching over us making sure we are happy."

"That's right."

Nova smiles, "Well then I'm happy my daddy is my angel."

"