Après Moi, Le Déluge

"The Italians called them Strega, the Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning 'mother'. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa and here, we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city, there's only been one all powerful witch, Y/n, until Davina." Elijah explains to Hayley, as Y/n already knows this. As he talked Elijah kept his eyes on the drawing of one of his dead lovers. Hayley tried to keep her face placid so he wouldn't see her guilt, that she was feeling. "Who is now tucked in, safe and sound down the hallway under my protection." Klaus said as he joined them, he looked down at the drawing as well. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

Elijah refuses to believe this. "Yes, perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand, why all these sketches now?" He sat down as he pondered the dilemma and Klaus did the same, but he sat down next to Y/n. "Why does any witch do anything." He looked at Hayley and smirked. Hayley furrowed her brows at him, while Y/n giggles knowing what Klaus is talking about but does it quietly. Only a minute has passed, when they heard something smash. "Oh, that's going well." Klaus and Y/n commented. He looks at her, smiling cheeky but she smiles at him before rolling her eyes. "If you're trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah suggested. "Oh, are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face." "Give me a month, I'll get you a list." Y/n chuckles. "I'll happily add to the list." Klaus laughed at that and she couldn't help but smile as she thinks. 'They may be a dysfunctional and always trying to kill each other-physically and mentally-but there is nothing the love the brothers have for each other can stop them.' Klaus sighed in annoyance. "Young, old, dead or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." "Just like you." Y/n laughs. Klaus stood up and looked at Y/n with a look which she understands and nods. She stood up and they walk out of the room to deal with Davina. Klaus opens the door to see Davina coughing. Y/n walks in and her eyes widen in realization before rushing to the other side of Davina as Klaus goes to her side. "What's with all the racket?" She coughs up dirt. Klaus murmurs. "Bloody hell." As they left Hayley tried to tell Elijah what happened but is interrupted as the room starts to shake. Klaus and Marcel look around the room as things start falling off and glass shattering while Y/n looks at Davina with worry in her eyes. Elijah and Hayley walk out to the landing that overlooked the courtyard and saw Klaus, Marcel, and Y/n doing the same. Rebekah walked towards the center of the courtyard with the same confused expression, almost everyone has.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked. "Davina." Y/n explained in one word.
•~•~•
Klaus, Y/n, Marcel, and Elijah all stand in the room from earlier.  "This is madness. How can a 16 year old girl shake the entire French Quarter?" "I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this." "How did you control her when she was in the attic?" Y/n speaks up. "We didn't have to, but then..." she starts letting Marcel finish. "we never killed her boyfriend." "Yes, Yes. We've been over this part already. The point is, in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches." "She's not a tool. Something's wrong with her." Marcel argues. "She has too much power that she can not control. That much we already knew, but why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?" Elijah questions as he starts walking on his way out. Y/n and Klaus look at him. She raises a brow. "Where are you going?" "This is witch business. Let's ask a witch." He walks out. The three all look at each other.