Kingdom IV: Water

In the lands far to the south, stands a kingdom of crystal. This crystal is an optical illusion of sorts for it is made entirely out of water. This was the lost and ancient kingdom of Cristonia. There lived the bustling trading capital of the world. Merchants, traders, pirates, and bounty hunters thrive here the most. Oh if you are wondering pirates are bad, bounty hunters good. But there also lives a poor thieving princess who has a long way to go before she can rule...plus she is not of age yet.
"GET BACK HERE YOU THEIF!!!"
A beautifully tan seven year old races through the streets with a fruit merchant chasing her. She jumps over crates and dodges the traffic of people in this packed town. She eventually stops in the alley way leading to a secret entryway into the castle. She opens her loot bag and finds nothing.
"Looks like I'm too nice of a girl after all. No wonder my grandparents bully me. But I never asked to be the daughter of the king and queen of thieves."
"Well then princess, why haven't you told them yet instead of stealing all of my business."
She turned around and noticed the merchant standing there. He pats the young girl on the head.
"Apple for your thoughts?"
He tosses her a fresh sea apple and she nods before explaining.
"Thanks. It's just hard being a princess thief in training. I honestly hate to steal but I'm just so good at it."
"Well I believe it's good to have a good heart, so why don't you steal for the right reasons as the next heir to the throne. Ask any of us merchants and we'll help you know what's up in the city even the black market and hopefully a way to stop it."
Her eyes shine bright as she hears this news. She has hope again. She thanks the man and heads home to tell her parents the good idea.

"Absolutely not!!!"
Her grandparents always ruin the mood she thinks.
"But this wil-"
"No buts that's final! We are a long line of pirate families that have finally come together through you! So start acting like one or el-"
"Or else what!?! Kick me out? Beat me? Curse and swear insults at me? Refuse to feed me? Well go ahead! But I actually care about or people unlike you four. I can't believe that my parents are related to any of you. Hell, I wish I was never born into this family!"
"Juliana!"
"Don't you dare speak her name."
Her father's voice rings out.
"You do not rule here and never had. I do and so does my wife and child! You are nothing more than guest."
Her father hugs her tightly.
"And I can't believe you would do those things to your own grandchild while we were busy with our duties."
Now even her docile mother was upset!

That night new ground rules were in placed for the grandparents on both her mother's and father's side.