02x08- Girl Meets Hurricane & Blue Sky Sunset

(Shawn pov)
I entered Topanga's bakery seeing her and Katy working as I head to the counter, Topanga said it was nice of me to go buy clothes for Maya which I didn't mind and Katy first thanked me for that but then started assuming I was only being nice or whatever.

"I don't think you and I have ever even had a normal conversation." I pointed out.

"When Kermit left me-- " She gets cut off by my laughing.

Okay, I'm sorry. Who named himself after a frog from the Muppet? Like that's funny.

"What?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I never pictured your ex-husband as a "Kermit".

"When Kermit left me--"

"Hahaha!" What, I can't help it, it's just so weird for someone to being called that! "I'm not even sorry." I admit before acting serious.

"Mm-hmm. When he left--"

"Who? When who left? Who?" I  joked.

"I decided to shut that part of me off. You know, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on--"

"Me? Shame on me? Why? Katy, I have no idea where this conversation's coming from." I guessed, surprisingly.

"You're confusing your affection for Maya with affection for me and you don't need to do that." She blurt, having both me and Topanga eyes wide.

"Wait. When did I affection you?"

"You put your arm around me!"

"I don't know, Katy. Putting arms  around someone doesn't necessarily m-" Topanga cuts in before getting interrupted as she begins to do the same which kinda weirded me out.

"Um... What is that? What are you doing?" I weirdly asked.

"What are you doing?" I repeated as Topanga's eyes widen with mouth dropped while Katy removes her arm from me as if she was proving a point.

"Oh. Katy, You may think you made a point, but seriously! Sometimes an arm around somebody is just an arm around somebody. And that hug was just it, It was friendly and felt completely random." I assured as Topanga just nodded, saying 'he's right'.

*no one's pov*

With that hand gesture, Katy's conversation with me and Topanga continues. Meanwhile, Riley and Maya are looking on from outside.

"Kermit?" Riley guessed with a sigh.

"Topanga." Maya response with that same tone as Riley's.

"We're even. Seems like it's going pretty good in there." Riley assured.

"I'm hoping." I replied, having alittle doubt.

"I know you are, But I'm hopeful that things will go exactly as plan." Riley said.

(Shawn's pov)
Katy's assumption is beginning to confuse me a bit.

"I know what these things mean. I'm a woman and I have instincts. And your charity does not extend to me, so you don't need to ask me on a date-- "

HH-Hold up, Did sh--"

"Wait a minute. Are you asking me out on a date?"

"No!"

"Katy, you seem mad at me for no reason. Do you think there's a chance that you're actually mad at somebody else who's not me?"

"I didn't view my marriage as disposable. I was all in. I said those things to him in front of God and I meant it."