Chapter 13 - Part 1

If Kengkla thought he hated Dawn the moment he met her, he completely loathed her now, blood in his veins flaring as rage courses through him. He feels like a volcano, ready to erupt, so overcome with jealousy, with his own possessiveness. He never thought someone could make him feel this way. He's dealt with this before, dealt with girls pining after Techno, and unbeknownst to the senior, Kengkla was always quick to rid of them.

First, he would lead them on behind Techno's back, and then once they were completely enamored with him, Kengkla would dump them with a warning to stay away from Techno. His leverage was always the same. He would get the girls to admit things to him, things they wouldn't want anyone else to know, and he would use that against them. Getting them in bed was never necessary because he would claim that he wanted to wait, pretend to be a good boy, but it would only draw them in further. But this time, Dawn was playing with an unfair advantage. She has a history with Techno, knew him before Kengkla even did. It made drawing her away from Techno harder, gave him zero advantage, and he couldn't refuse once Techno invited her.

A part of him can't believe Techno would do this, asking her to join them on what should've been a date. Techno was Kengkla's now, and yet, time and time again, Techno would deny him of any one-on-one time. As if Kengkla didn't know what Techno was doing, inviting Dawn, or what Dawn was doing, inviting herself. Kengkla would never let her take Techno away, and he certainly had no intention in dating her.

He seethes at the thought, unable to say anything, waiting for Techno in the mall in front of the movie theater. And it takes every ounce of control for Kengkla not to haul Techno away as soon as he sees the other walk around the corner. Thankfully, Techno's alone because Kengkla thinks he couldn't stomach the sight of Dawn without some alone time with his boyfriend. The thought of it alone consumes him like a forest fire, and he doesn't notice Techno's standing in front of him until he hears Techno say his name.

"Ai' Kla, hey, you there? What the hell?" Techno asks in a concerned tone.

It was always hard in moments like this to pretend everything is alright, but Kengkla is a pro by now, forcing a smile up at Techno. "Yes, P'No. I'm sorry. What did you say?"

Techno rolls his eyes. "I asked why you're so damn dressed up? You make me look like a bum," He repeats and looks down at himself.

Kengkla couldn't help but smile and chuckle at his flustered boyfriend. Techno usually dresses casually and comfortably, and today was no different with a simple graphic tee, light flannel, worn jeans, and sneakers. However, Kengkla got especially dressed up today in an expensive black bomber jacket, a simple white shirt, black jeans, and tasteful dress shoes. He wanted to impress Techno, and of course, outshine whatever Dawn wore.

"But, P'No, I'm not even wearing dress clothes. I'm wearing something casual too," Kengkla pouts even though he knows what Techno means.

"Ah, come on," Techno huffs, reaching out to tug at Kengkla's jacket with a narrowed gaze. "Ai' Kla, you look like you stepped off a runway, and I look like I'm worth two baht."

Kengkla wants to argue he knows Techno is barely worth that but doesn't want to upset the other. When Techno pulls his hand back, he makes an embarrassed face, and his cheeks flush. "I think P'No looks very cute today," Kengkla tells him and watches as Techno's already red cheeks darken.

He relishes the way Technos breath catches, how his little gasp of, "Ai' Kla!" is audible even above the mall crowd. He's ducking his head down to avoid Kengkla's gaze, fiddling with a frayed hem on his pants, so he doesn't see as Dawn approaches them, walking closer and closer.

She couldn't look more obvious if she tried, dressed up to impress n a light blue dress, yellow heels, and a dainty gold necklace. Her face is covered in makeup that she definitely wasn't wearing last night, and her hair is curled again but up in a perfect ponytail. It makes Kengkla sick. She is only objectively pretty right now, but Dawn could not be more unattractive to Kengkla.