Chapter 19

Now that I had found out about their secret abilities, I still needed to figure out what "mindlink" meant

I closed my eyes and waved my hand in the air.

"Show me the meaning of mind link," I said.

The screen in front of me read aloud: "Telepathic communication between one or more people."

I smirked.

"Telepathic communication, huh? Well then, let's put an end to all that, shall we?"

They think they're being sneaky, huh? I can't wait to see them suffer.

I opened the door. I had a strange feeling. As if something bad was gonna happen.

There was a pathway that split into two. You could choose left or right. 

I tried to mindlink Alex and Johnathan, but it didn't work. It was blocked again. Suddenly, a feeling of electricity overcame my body.

I screamed in pain.

"AHHHH!"

"Mel!" Alex shouted, her bulging eyes staring into mine.

"What's going on?!" Johnathan demanded.

The shock wave ended and the world started spinning. I saw blotches of color all around me and my vision was getting blurrier by the minute. Alex put her hands at my sides to keep me from collapsing onto the cold, hard floor. 

"Mel! Calm down, you're gonna be okay. What happened?" Alex asked.

"I don't know," I said trying to stable myself in between breaths, "I was gonna mindlink you two but I got blocked and then, I got a major shock wave somehow."

"Crud. Veronica knows. I'm almost positive she's watching us," Johnathan whispered, looking at his surroundings.

"What do we do now?" Alex whispered back.

"All of your abilities are gone?" Johnathan asked, worried.

"I think it's just the mindlink and our mate-sensing abilities. I still feel our power, though. That nosy brat just wants to listen to our plans," Alex continued.