Chapter 27

The doctor came running through the door within seconds

The doctor came running through the door within seconds. Maria, Johnathan, Alex came in immediately after.

"Doctor, you're here! Please help my mate."

"Did you check that she has a pulse?"

"Yeah, she's still breathing. I think she might've fainted." 

"I'll check on her with your permission, of course."

"Go for it, doctor. Please help her."

He sat down on the bed and opened his medical bag. He took out his stethoscope and placed it on her heart a few times. Then, he nodded and took it off.

"Well? How is she, doctor?"

"She has a pulse, so there's nothing to worry about. She's weak from using up too much magic power. I'm just gonna give her a cotton wad with alcohol to smell. Once she smells it, she'll wake up."

I nodded.

He opened his medical bag and took out a cotton wad and alcohol. He poured a little bit of the alcohol onto the cotton wad and put it under her nose.

Immediately, she woke up.

I opened my eyes and saw a doctor in front of me

"She's awake," he said.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Phillips," Johnathan responded.

"Yes, thank you for helping my daughter," my mom added.

The doctor nodded. Then, he looked at me.

"Melody, you must get some rest so your strength can be restored. Try to avoid any difficult, or tiring physical activity for a few days. Also, try to limit the amount of magic you use so that this can be avoided over time. Other than that, it's nothing serious. I hope you feel better."

He smiled.

I smiled back at him.

"Thank you, doctor. I'll make sure to take care of her," Max responded.

"I'll take my leave now. Have a nice night."

"You too."

"How are you feeling, Mel?" Alex asked.