Will I Stay or Will I Go

"Baby wake up," Frida said to me as she stroked her hand across my face and kissed my cheek. I opened my eyes and smiled. I sat up and she sat down next to me. We both stared at the wall blankly and had our hands in our lap. After a few minutes Frida said absent minded, "Do you want me to help you pick out an outfit?"

"Sure," I said. Both of us just stared at the wall for the next five minutes. "Frida," I said.

"Yes?"

"I think we should get ready."

"Okay."

We both got up and walked to my room and picked out some clothes. We went downstairs and ate breakfast. It was my favorite meal but it didn't taste the same. Everyone was quiet and didn't speak much.

—at the court house—

I was very nervous as the judge entered the room. Benny and Frida were sitting holding hands, and I was shaking in my seat. I prayed to myself before we began. The judge went through all the beginning process and then asked me my first question. "Who are your parents?"

I paused. "Oscar Antell."

"And your mother?"

"She's gone, your honor."

He wrote some things down and talked with some people after he called for recess.

After the short recess the judge asked a few questions about everything that had happened. I could tell Frida was nervous, she looked looked horrified.

I sat there hoping he wouldn't make me go back until the judge said, "Oscar Antell passed away 7 years ago." My heart dropped. Seriously?! Does that mean I can stay with Frida and Benny? I thought. Frida looked devastated at the news. I was scratching my palms, I was nervous too. "That means two options."

4 pm

I was crying while hugging Frida and Benny. They were crying too. My heart seemed like it was skipping out of my chest, the tears were spilling from my eyes, soaking Frida's blouse. She smelled like peaches and roses. I smiled and laughed as I cried realizing that I never had to leave her. I didn't have to leave her house, her scent, her boyfriend, her spare bedroom which is now mine, and I didn't have to leave her heart. "I love you both," I cried.

"Let's go out to dinner," Frida said breaking the hug after a while.

"I look like a monster," I said trying to wipe my tears away. My heart fluttered as Frida pulled out a tissue from her purse and dried my tears, but they kept falling.

"We can go home and freshen up a bit," she said and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. We drove home and I was happy to call it home. I got inside and went to my bedroom. I changed into a casual yellow dress, pulled my hair back, and looked in the mirror. I frowned at how puffy my face looked, so I went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on it. I went downstairs to the kitchen and got a glass of water. My breathing was still uneven and my heart was fluttering with joy.

Frida came down the stairs in a purple sundress and Benny behind her in jeans and a nice shirt. I smiled and stood up as I saw them. "Are you ready?" Frida asked taking my hand.

"Yeah," I smiled and we all walked to the door to put on our shoes.

"Where should we go?" Benny asked.

At the same time both me and Frida said, "Italian!" And we all laughed.

"Italian it is," Benny laughed.

We had good quality time as a family over the course of tonight. We talked and arranged stuff. Benny and Frida told me that I was going to have to go to school and it might be hard on me, but for now I'm just relaxing and hanging out with my new family.

Sorry this chapter was so short and I don't really understand what happens at court so don't @ me for the weird situation, thank you all! I hope y'all are excited for the next chapter 😘