2 - I'm sorry Part 1

-

Screams filled the air as people ran away. Peter got himself up from the ground trying to ignore the pain "Please just let them go! They didn't do anything, I'm the one you're after." Peter shouted.

Meters away was Mysterio standing on the edge of the balcony at a 5 star restaurant in Queens. He was gripping MJ and her mother by the throat in both of his hands.

"Please there must be another way." Peter said. "Oh but I don't think there is." said Mysterio

They were both gasping for the little amount of air. "Kill me instead... Just don't hurt them." Peter said.

A squeal noise came out of MJ. She was trying to break free out of his grip but he just held tighter. "But what's the fun in that? Killing you would take away the enjoyment in a second, But killing them.. You would suffer more." Mysterio laughed.

All of a sudden he let go of both of them as they fell from the 20 story building. "MJ." Peter screamed. He ran forward and shot out both of his webs to catch them both. MJ's body took a halt and she grabbed onto his webs.

Unfortunately it was too late for Michelle's mother and her body wasn't able to grasp the web. She plummeted all the way down to her death.

Peter pulled MJ back up. "MJ... I-I'm so sorry.. This is all my fault." Peter said. She just ignored him and started to cry. Peter pulled her closer as her sobs got louder.

~

It was a cold winter morning and Peter was attending MJ's mother's funeral. MJ was silent for the whole time. Last week it was her first time she and her mother had met for years. They decided to catch up over dinner that night but Peter's nightmares followed.

MJ was looking forward to spending the rest of her life with her mother. Since her Dad went to jail and her Mother couldn't handle looking after her MJ was raised by her Uncle.

~

The long 3 hours of mourning were finally over. "How about we go home now Michelle." said MJ's Uncle and patted her on her back. "No.. I-I think I'm gonna stay here with Peter for a while." she said.

"Ok.. Well call me when you're coming back home." he said and left.

"Are you alright?" Peter asked. MJ finally looked up at him but she was on the verge of tears "Hey, Hey, Hey everything is gonna be alright don't worry." Peter said and swiped away a tear with his thumb.

"No.. Peter.. It's not." she said. Peter was confused. "I can't live like this.. Ever since we started dating I've always been in danger. Literally every villain knows that I'm your weakness, If they can get their hands on me they know it'll hurt you." she says.

"What are you saying?" Peter asked. MJ tried to wipe away her tears "I'm saying that we need to break up."

Peter felt like his heart was shattered into a million pieces. "I love you so much Peter but I-I need a break from this, From all the danger, from getting hurt all the time." She said

"But MJ you've been my number 1 priority since day one, I've been trying to protect you all this time." He says. "Please don't leave me. Not like everyone else." He says as his voice breaks.

MJ kisses him softly and they lean their foreheads against each other "I'm so sorry." she whispers.

She pulls away and rubs her eyes. "I'll um.. See you around school I guess.." she says and walks in the other direction.

To be continued...