Devour

Luna's POV:

The one thing that will always set my mind off...is the agony and fear of being alone in the dark! Even though I have Carla with me, I'm still terrified! So I quickly grabbed Carla's hand as she proceeded to walk us further down. She didn't seem to mind that I was holding her, but she wasn't speaking...I have to calm myself and keep my mind distracted!

"Excuse me, but that melody we heard earlier...who was playing it? It sounded like a piano-"

"Lord Felix, eldest son and second in line to the throne. You probably won't see him often around the castle, since he spends the majority of his time playing the piano in his room."

She explained as we came to a sudden halt, hearing what seemed to be like keys being jingled. I looked ahead and saw that there was another door that she had to open? I couldn't tell what was in front of me with how dark it was, but just how many more doors and rooms did we have to go through?! Okay, distract yourself, Luna...don't think so much.

"The eldest son? So Crow and Felix are brothers? But if he's the oldest then shouldn't he be king-"

"Lord Crow, Lord Felix, Lady Emily, and Lord Elijah are all half-siblings. However, Felix and Emily are the only ones that came from the same mother. Lord Elijah being the youngest of them all, has proven to the underworld that he is the rightful one to the throne." Carla was quick to correct me as she explained in a passionate voice.

She must really respect Eli, but I'm surprised to hear that Elijah has so many siblings? Even if they are half related, I would have never known he had a family. But if Eli is king, what happened to his father? But most importantly, where's his mother? Carla hasn't brought up their parents and I'm not sure if I should ask something so personal...

"If I may ask, what is it that Eli wants from me?"

I asked as I watched her open the door, once we entered the room she immediately shut it behind us. Though a very foul odor was circulating the air around us, it smelled so horrible that I had to cover up my nose and hold in my breath!

"I apologize for the smell, you'll get used to it within time. As for the King asking me to bring you down here...I'm not sure why?"

"I see..."

I responded as we both continued to walk, but something caught my eye as we stepped further into the halls. What I saw looked like locked cellars and I could see people chained to the cement walls! The weeping and quiet cries could be heard very clearly the more we approached forward...

"The king gave me strict orders to keep an eye over you and to maintain your health. My lord has never taken a liking to humans before, which could only mean that you aren't just a regular human being. You're special in his eyes...you're not like the rest of these disgusting humans that are locked away."

Carla began to explain as she came to a sudden stop, without making eye contact with me, she looked straight ahead and unexpectedly began to bow. What is she doing? The fear that I was holding back, could no longer be kept inside as I started to back away. I was surrounded by people who were locked away like caged animals! Looking at them, I noticed that they were all naked, the only thing they all had in common were those disgusting collars wrapped around their necks! Some of them looked badly wounded while others lay on the cold floors, I wasn't sure if they were even alive!? I knew Carla was taking me to the dungeons, but I wasn't expecting to see this type of horror!

"You may leave now, and don't let anyone else come down here until I say so."

I heard a familiar voice suddenly speak throughout the dungeon's halls!