Daisy Dreams

Emily's wings felt different today

Emily's wings felt different today. They were aching and tingling uncomfortably. She sat up in her bed, smoothing down her feathers into the neat, straight lines that she was used to. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and let her feet come in contact with the cold, wooden floor. She padded over to her desk and rifled through her drawings.  Most of them were things she had seen in dream. Sometimes a person, sometimes a place. She pulled one out from the bottom of the pile. A drawing done carelessly on a napkin from a restaurant.

"Emily! Breakfast is ready!" She flung the drawing onto the desk and tumbled down the stairs. Her wings hit the walls as she ran but she was used to it. On the table was a stack of pancakes.

"Again? C'mon mum!" She groaned.

"Oh, shut up. I'm letting you go play outside after lessons later. At least I didn't ask you to take care of your sister."

Emily slumped onto her stool, the tips of her wings brushed the floor. She stuffed the pancakes into her mouth and darted outside. Who needed lessons?

Her family lived on a farm. Plenty of space for her to grow up and away from the public. It gave her room to play without judgement. 

Her wings were caught in the wind. They pulled her back slightly as she ran but she didn't stop. Her laugh was snatched away by the wind as her feet momentarily lifted off the ground. She stopped.

This time, she spread her wings fully and flapped when she ran. Her whole body was lifted and she glides through the air easily. 

Walking sucks.

I am going to start to offer to edit for other people. I find it hard writing and it is much easier to help other peeps. Message me if you are interested.