Part 2

Call of a Revolution

After several days, a man came to Boonesborough. He met Daniel Boone and gave him a paper. He read it and become tensed. America was on war against the British empire. An army made by a few civilians with no experience of war stood up against the most powerful military on earth. As the British military pushed the eastern front of America they struck upon a strategy.A strategy that would left Americans no choice but to surrender and get punishment for treason. The British would make another front from the west. Thus would prevent Americans go further west.This paper made Boone realize that he is at the western front of America. And he was also afraid that the British would not send their precious Canadian army but they would use Red Indians as mercenaries.His fear turned into reality.

Salt on the Wound

The threat of Shawnees keep Boone and his people much of the time inside the fort. The only food they can have is hunted games' meat.To preserve their food they need salt which they are running out of. They need to get salt as fast as possible. So Boone and some men prepared for a trip to Saltlake. Their they can get salt by refining the water.After refining gallons and gallons of water they got 50 kilos of salt. Then firing started on them. Soon afterwards they were captured by Shawnees.

A Walk to Death

After taking Boone and his fellows to the Shawnee camp they Saw two rows of savages armed with primitive melee weapons and grunting like a wild boar. The old man of Boone's group was forced to walk in the middle of the barbarians. After some steps they started to hit him one after one thus ending his life.Next one is Boone, he was not in the mood of dying that day. He dodged their attack and he falled once. But he stood up again and started to walk again. After reaching the end he faced an opponent who charged him with a tomahawk.Boone dodged the attack and knocked him down. Thus earned the respect of Shawnee leader.

Treason to the Crown

The Shawnees took them to a British fort. There everyone were exchanged for land. They were forced to enroll in Britsh army. Because a lots of British lifes were taken by the deadliest winter in American history.All were enrolled except one. Boone. He had to lead the Shawnees to Boonesborough. But he is Daniel Boone. Some finds troubles in opportunity but men like Daniel Boone finds opportunity in troubles.

A Daring escape

Boone and the Shawnee leader were riding on horse. Around them were other Shawnee fighters.All of a sudden, Boone turned his horse backward and made it run fast. After some time, he got down of the horse and made it run another way thus creating a diversionA normal man would leave trails for the Shawnees. But Boone is a hunter by profession. The knowledge of tracking helped him leaving no tracks.After the escape, he had another challenge. To warn his prople about the upcoming attack of Shawnees who now holds modern British weponry. He had to travell in a condition lethal to him.

Bloody Marathon

The harsh environment left his shoes torn and his feet wounded. He applied some herbs on his feet and used barks as his shoe sole.But he had an almost impossible journey infront of him. A journey through the dense jungle and a destination far away. His health condition is bad. But he ran for his people. He ran a distance that is like running 4 marathons in four days.After reaching Boonesborough he told his people to prepare for war and sent a messenger to nearest settlement for help.

A Failed Negotiation

He prepared his men for a conflict against the Shawnees. Their was a shortage in gunpowder and bullets. So they turned their household thing into them. The fort wall will give them a huge advantage by providing protection from enemies' bullets and the field will make the enemies defenceless to them.A win-win situation. The Shawnees came with anger on their face. Boone went outside to negotiate for peace with the Chief. But they attacked him and his men. He pushed them and rushed to the fort and closed the gate. His men started firing.A bad decision made by an angry chief lead a huge number of Shawnees open To the white woodsmen who happened to be expert marksman.After suffering a huge casualty, the Shawnees retreat. They understood that they cannot take the fort by force. So they struck upon another strategy.

Blessing after Curse

Shawnees started to apply hit and run strategy. Thus Boone suffered casualties. Though the Shawnees were impatient. So, one night they fired arrows with fire. Thus the wooden fort turned into a hell on earth. Peoples inside the fort tried their best to fight the fire.At one point everyone lost hope. Suddenly a sound is heard. A sound that can struck fear in human heart. The sound of lightning. It started to rain. Thus nature saved the fort and the people inside it.After that night, another blessing came. The help from settlement they thought would not come actually came. Thus blessing came after a curse.

Boone's LeaveAfter reinforcement came they talked to Daniel Boone. They told him about their plan that would leave no Indians on American soil. A pacifist Boone refused. And he and his family left the settlement.Thus Daniel Boone left what he established. "Boonesborough".