Chapter 2

New part WOOO! By the way, I forgot to say last time, but don't trust what people say they say in different languages.

Dan wondered if they had meant to put him in the same hospital bed as before. He wondered if they knew about the indents there was on the frame last time he had a nightmare and freaked out. He wondered if they wanted him to remember that.

Dan tossed and turned, wriggling around, not being able to feel comfortable and hugging his blanket, wishing it was someone. He wasn't sure what had happened at all, all he knew is that his shoulder hurt, and that he wanted Phil.

He didn't care he was alive.

He just wanted his comfort God dammit. But that was too much to ask and blah blah disrespectful to your dead friend blah.

But... Just one hug. One little hug? Could that really be so bad?

He fell asleep again, imagining how it would be if Phil's body was pressed to his, was keeping him safe and warm like it always has done.

If he closed his eyes hard enough, he really could imagine it was real.

*

"Mio caro, wake up," a gentle voice spoke and Dan groaned.

"Not today. I'm dead," Dan whined and he heard chuckles before someone was sitting on his lap. Dan sighed agitatedly. He had just had the most amazing dream where Phil was alive and was holding him in his arms and placing little kisses to his forehead and Dan had thought it was reality- until he was woken up.

"Fyfe get off him he's injured," Evin said but Fyfe just bounced a little.

"He's alive and this is Dan. He can survive this," he said before Dan pushed him off the bed.

"But you won't," Dan muttered. "Why am I here?" Directing the question at the people he hadn't just pushed on the floor.

"Well you got shot in battle in your right shoulder-"

"Which is good because now you don't have to learn how to do things again, like shooting-

"Evin please be quiet for a second. He doesn't know about the mystery," Rosa reprimanded.

"You what?" Dan asked blearily and Evin looked at him nervously.

"Somehow you managed to get into the agriculture section," Evin explained and Dan furrowed his brow.

"I what? And how?" Dan asked and Rosa shrugged. "And what?"

"No one knows. We thought you might know, but obviously not," Fyfe said.

"They want to question you," Rosa said worriedly.

"What? But I know nothing," Dan said, pushing himself further up before yelping as he applied too much pressure to his shoulder.

"Caro, be careful," Rosa fussed.

"I'm okay,"

"You got shot, you are not," she replied and propped up pillows behind him to rest on.

"Why do they want to question me?" Dan asked and Fyfe shrugged.

"I think," Evin said. "It's because you managed to somehow get through the wall. I think they want to know how, so they know if there is a way to breach it and so we can prevent to opposition from finding out. If that's the case, they will also want to know if anyone saw you, because then we would need to come up with a better protection plan. But it could also help us find out how to attack their agriculture," Evin said thoughtfully.

"But I'm not going to be killed for treason?"

"No,"

"And they will be okay if I tell them I don't know?" Dan asked hopefully and Evin bit his lip.