-FOUR

Aurora had gone to sleep last night with a zealous mood for the next morning. I haven't raced in months maybe, she thought to herself as she rested her head on the cool, chalky white cement above her in-ground pool. Was it just going to be to the Hills and back? Or was this a full blown out drag race with a checkered flag waving in the air and girls walking around in their bikinis that were basically eyepatches attached to their chests. Aurora swam over to her iPod and switched the popular song playing to her favorite Rolling Stones song.

Aurora found racing in her high school years, a typical fight between two racers had her left wondering what it was like to shift gears, drift corners leaving a trail of smoke behind like cigarettes blowing in the wind. Racing had obvious led to her knowledge about cars, the only other thing she felt she was OK at.

The memories of her hometown races made her smile. It was those nights that made her smile. Trying to stay out of trouble and rolling up to Dairy Queen after taking a W and sitting on the tailgate of her friends' truck. Most of her childhood friends had departed ways after high school and, well—Aurora left for acting. They probably all had families now and that jazz, the things that Aurora imaged she would have by now when younger.

She saw the trance she had been in and that her swim became long and boring now. So she jumped out from the water and grabbed her towel before slipping in the sliding glass doors to her kitchen. She took a frozen pizza out from the bottom freezer and set the oven to preheat before going upstairs to shower.

The Barrel. Five to five. Racing. The Barrel. Five to five. Racing. Five, colon, five. . .

The words wrapped around her mind like a loop. It didn't her long to dry off and change into her jeans and red tank top. She tossed her hair up in a towel like she wanted nothing to do with it and walked down the stairs to her aluminate kitchen.

" Dang that single life really hits you when you eat a whole pizza by yourself," Aurora sucked her cheeks in and laughed.

" Single my ass," Marzai, Aurora's maid who came to clean every Friday, walked in broom in hand scoffing at her employer's comment. " I would kill to have body like your's. Although I like me, thick no?" Marzai's eyes looked behind her to examine herself. She was from Russia and came to California for work as she couldn't find stable jobs back home. People say her accent is so audible and flowy that whenever she speaks it makes them want to buy a Matryoshka doll. Marzai also makes phenomenal soup which Aurora generously gives her extra pay for making some. She's your predictable babushka.

Aurora smiled from her sip of water. " Marzai you're the greatest."

" It's got good ring to it. Marzai The Greatest. I know, I know, you very jealous."

Aurora couldn't help but roll her eyes. Marzai is the best. She sighed and looked at her, " Hey Marzai, since you are the greatest why don't you give me ideas to pass time before I go racing?" With 5 hours still to go, Aurora was eager and twitchy to get out of the house.

Adrenaline.

" Racing. . .? Oh yes, yes. Vroom vroom, steering, speeding after another? I follow you. . . Your style's looking poorly miserable, why don't you go shop?" The maid suggested, shrugging.

" Woah, shots fired Marz, that one stung. Ouchie," Aurora chuckled, " I suppose I could waste a little money."

" Yeah, moneys. It just paper," Marzai sarcastically replied.

Aurora thanked her servant for the recommendation and headed to the garage grabbing her signature boots before beelining to the room full of cars.

There were a two options to choose from in the Simions household. There was the beat up Ford truck resembling Troy Bolton's very own. It was a going away present Aurora's Papa gave to her. It had been run through the mud various times being that her grandparents lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere. The vehicle camouflaged wonderfully to keep paparazzi from recognizing her from the streets.

Next was her pride and joy, ride or die—pun not intended—Camaro. With style and thrill of horse power, it's torque suited her well.

My gas is running low in the truck she thought to herself. Grabbing the keys from their hook she smiled and spun them around her fingers. She changed the station to one that she preferred before buckling up and heading out to go shop.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

" Eighty-one fifty-nine, is your total. Debit or credit?" The cashier brightly asked Aurora. Shopping was hard. Like, confusingly hard. At least for Aurora. There was too many decisions to be made. Too many questions.

Do I get the blue, green, or yellow tank? Wait that purple one's kinda cool. . .

Why has that employee asked me not once, but twice, if I need help? Is my taste actually that trashy?

She was overthinking it and so she just decided against all three colors and just went with black. Because black goes with everything. Along with the black shirt she picked out a pair of nude painted heels, and a pair of jeans that had a red and white strip going down the side.

All picked out within a matter of 3 hours.

" Credit," she replied taking out her platinum card and swiping it. She applied her points and the worker put her items into a bag and wished her a good rest of her day.

Aurora left the mall and went to her car to go to the spot where Paul was going to be waiting for her.