Blue - Arc 1- Chapter 1

Screams echoed through the house. Taking the peacefulness away from the night. Remarks and curse words were being exchanged. This is obviously a fight. In a corner, two young girls are shedding tears. The reasoning behind this is that their parents are in a fit. The girls wanted to oppose but a man next to them told them not to, this man is their elder cousin. 

Not knowing what to do, the sisters sat in the corner feeling helpless waiting for their parents to stop as their eyes continued to release the salty liquid called tears. The elder one named Joy is not joyful at all in this current situation. She knew their cries and pleas for them to stop, does not help but what could they do? They are only children that haven't experienced life yet.

Joy did the only thing that popped into her head. She hugged her sister. She hugged her as if her life had depended on it. She wanted her sister to grow up happy. She wanted to shield her from what was happening in front of them. And so she did. She had wrapped her arms around her sister's head covering her delicate ears to numb the sound covered her now sad eyes that once brightened Joy's darkest days. She wanted to protect her younger sister and this the only way she knows how.

Joy looked at their cousin, his eyes void of any emotion. He stood there like a statue. "So are we going to just sit here and let them hurt themselves??" Joy thought to herself.

She then again looked towards the location of the fight. There she saw her dad pulling her mom by the hair and the shrieks of pain again erupted. Joy forced her eyes shut. Sobs from the two sisters have gone louder. More tears fell. Sounds of struggling are heard.

"Why did we end up like this??"Joy thought back to the time before when they were happy and whole, none of this violence came into mind. The four of them were always together living in a small home happy and content, what had gone wrong?

The sisters sat there sobbing waiting for their parents to stop. Both breathing heavily still letting out tears. On the other hand, their cousin stood beside them silently.

 Joy closed her eyes and prayed, she prayed to the almighty. She asked him what had gone wrong, had one of them sinned so badly for he had decided to punish them severely? She asked him for forgiveness, forgiveness for all the sins she and her family committed. But deep inside she knew the almighty had forgiven them and set this as an obstacle. Joy was born and raised to be a believer and that is what she is grown to be.

After some time the fight seems to slow down but does not completely stop. Their cousin had somehow left his original position and came back with a cup of water which the sisters had immediately gulped down as to all the body fluid they had lost due to all the crying.

Their cousin advised the two to go two sleep since they have school tomorrow. Hesitant at first but tired so the two obeyed.

Joy and her sister arrived in the bedroom. Joy tucked her sister to bed and bid her goodnight. Plugging in the night light then proceeding to switch off the light. She then lay on her pull out bed, her mind running with a never-ending train of thoughts, staring at the ceiling what had gone wrong, was she being a bad girl? Was she the reason behind why her parents had a fight? She wiped the tears that are again falling.

"I need to be strong, I have to look out for my sister, I can do this," She said in not more than a whisper, not wanting her sister to wake up.

Her vision darkening her eyelids feeling heavy. She had now fallen to sleep. The night deepens, oblivious to what's happening next.

The door squeaked quietly, the one who walks in did not want to wake up the sisters. The door was shut gently showing a petit figure of a woman being concealed by the darkness of the room. She looked at the two sleeping peacefully. She smiled yet flinched due to the newly formed bruises. Taking a deep inhale while walking towards the two, kneeling down caressing Joy's cheek. The woman's face is now filled with silent tears.

"My dears it wasn't supposed to be like this, I didn't want the two of you to witness the fight, I didn't even want the fight t to happen at all, but I guess life had to take a toll and this happened. I love you two. You two were the fruit of our love but that love is probably one-sided now. I need you, Joy to look out for your sister. I know you can do it. I won't be gone for long, I just need to have a bit of time for myself, and I need fresh air. I'm gonna miss you two" The woman said in a whisper, this message she had said for her children. She knows for a fact that her daughters won't be able to hear the message. But she also knows it will be harder to leave in the morning. She wants to at least leave with a proper goodbye. She Kissed the forehead of the two gently, not wanting to disturb their sleep.

" I'll come back "

With a heavy heart, the woman left knowing she needs to do it she picked up her backpack and left the house.

A few moments of eerie silence filled the neighborhood with the constant low hum of vehicles.

Another figure now left the house this time a man, carrying a set of keys, heading toward the car mumbling some words that cannot be heard. He then entered the vehicle and now hummed to life as the key was inserted into the ignition. The man drove away its destination, to us unknown.

  Seconds turn to minutes, minutes turn to hours, and the night has turned to day neither the man nor the woman returned home.

                  One by one the roosters did their morning call, the birds awaken singing their lively song. The world is beautiful what could have gone wrong? The one that gives us light the one we slowly end, some notice what's wrong they tried to defend. All fight, all disagree what message are we trying to send? One thing is for sure everything has its end.

              Blue- Arc 1- Chapter 1- End