4┃Are you going to make me pee?

Chapter 4: Are you going to make me pee?

“Who gave you the order to place a bomb under her car?” Xavier bellowed. Jared stood before him. His face was neutral but his hands were shaking slightly.

The door to his room opened and Aryan walked in. “Let him go. He was working under my command.”

“So it was you. Why wasn’t I told about this?” Xavier turned his attention to his second in hand.

“Cause you were on a date. I did tell you that I was tracking down the Doctor. Not my fault that she turned out to be your high school sweetheart.” He shrugged. His hair was a mess, his tie loose around his neck and a light shade of pink remained on his lips after a brutal rubbing to hide last night’s encounter. “Though, of course, now that I think about it . . . Dalia was always freakishly good at figuring out which stuff was the good stuff and which was the bad by just looking at it and clubs were always her kingdom.”

Aryan chuckled. “You remember the time she got us into a club by flashing the guard?”

Jared shot him a look but Aryan, as usual, continued blabbing.

“Ooh. Right. Touchy subject.” Aryan quickly said as Xavier kept quiet. “Aha! That’s what all the guys who got to second base with her said.”

Xavier straightened and Aryan took two steps back. “I am going to shut up now because you look like you’re going to punch me.”

“And if he doesn’t, I will.”

Aryan flipped around to face Zoë. “Motherfu – ”

Zoë leaned against the door as she stared at Aryan with an expressionless face as he tried to calm his heart down.

“I – I – swear that I – I will tie a – a bell around your fuc – fuc – ing – neck. Creeping up on us like that! Man!” Aryan said as he slowly lowered himself and sat on the floor. “Phew! If I ever have to die I want her to shoot me from behind. I don’t want to see it coming.”

“If I ever have to kill you, trust me, you will not go that easy,” Zoë smirked.

Aryan turned to Xavier and mouthed “Psychopath” while pointing at her.

Xavier sighed.

“How is this guy your second in hand instead of me?” Zoë asked incredulously.

“Cause sweetheart . . .” Aryan began and then trailed off. He frowned and his eyebrows scrunched together. “Why am I your second in hand? Why do you even have a second in hand? What even is a second in hand? Other than wiping your ass what am I supposed to do?”

“Are you drunk?” Xavier asked.

“No.”

“Are you high?”

“Are you going to make me pee?”

“No.”

“Then no.”

Xavier rolled his eyes. “Go home. Zoë and I will take care of Dalia.”

Zoë nodded. “I’ll get my gun.”