part three

storytelling.

i started my freshman year with really bad habits. i stayed up so late, would sleep during class, skip class, and i smoked cigarettes. My GPA was suffering that year but i did not care.

That year i made homecoming court! i got to wear a pretty dress and walk the football field at halftime. Except the night before homecoming, i played a rough soccer game and ended up with a concussion. i missed actual homecoming day at school, didnt get to wear a mum or go to the pep rally. It was really funny because they set out a chair for me at the football field in case i passed out.

i met a really good friend that year, Flora. And she's helped me through so much. When i met her, she wasn't legal in the United States and it made me worry about her. She's now an official citizen so f*ck Trump.

i played in a soccer tournament with a new team and i absolutely HATED the coach. His voice was so mean and he constantly yelled during the games. One time i threw the ball in and he asked, "WHAT WAS THAT?? YOU NEED TO NEED TO DO BETTER! THAT WAS CRAP!" and so i just stopped running and sat down on the bench. He was furious and i actually quit club soccer for a couple months because of him.

i got a total of 3 concussions that year from soccer.

i was mistakenly put in photojournalism and it was the best mistake ever.

i wasn't allowed to wear makeup until after my quince. So two days after the party my dad took me to Sephora and helped me pick out my first blush. i still have it.

My sophomore year i was really bad also. i worked harder on my grades, but i constantly disobeyed my parents. i started shoplifting that year and smoking weed. i developed the worst coping mechanisms.

i was in geometry stumbling because i was off xans. Not a good time and very embarrassing. This girl Nancy had to help me walk out the class and we just stayed in the restroom for the rest of the day.

i made homecoming again my sophomore year! except i got to walk with my childhood best friend instead of a shitty boyfriend.

i was playing soccer for the school that year and the coach did not like me at all. Me and a close friend were on the team together and we would just mess around the whole time. We would speak Spanish around our coach just to make her mad.

My ex started a whole trend on twitter where they basically slandered my name and pretended to not know who i was.

i got caught with weed with one of my closest friends at the time. We snuck out of her house and went to to buy it and smoke it in the park. Neither of us was good at rolling so we had to find someone to do it for us. It took forever and we kept stopping at different people's houses just to say hi. It was 3am when we finally smoked and i remember being in a closet of a brand new home for sale, hotboxing it. Her mom found out we were gone and made us come home immediately and we ended up having a soccer game the next morning and that's how my parents found out and beat me up. My parents were SO MAD. i got my makeup, phone,  and computer taken away. i was not allowed to ride home with anyone or even see anyone outside of school it was THE WORST time. My mom wanted to send me to rehab and a psychiatric unit. Our relationship hasn't been the same.

i was taking pre-confirmation classes at church, i'm Catholic. Basically confirmation is a tradition in the church where you have a special mass and promise to love God for the rest of your life. My pre-confirmation teacher really saved me that year. i came out to her, told her how i felt about girls, and she told me i wasn't going to hell. i still talk to her every once in a while, she went on a trip recently and brought me something back. Sometimes i wish she was my mom.

i feel like through every woman i meet, i look up to her as a mom figure because mine wasn't very nurturing. My chemistry teacher my sophomore year really helped me also. She noticed how much anxiety i had taking tests and how hard it was for me to read out loud. If it wasn't for her, i probably wouldn't have ever known i actually had dyslexia.

i used to get rides home from a boy older than me and we were neighbors our whole life. Everyday after school we would go to sonic or chicken express. One day i was really upset and he took me to sonic, bought everything for me, and just said, "You want me to kill them?" it's like he always knew when i was upset it was really weird. One of my favorite platonic relationships from high school.