II.

CINNAMON GIRL
- LANA DEL REY

CINNAMON GIRL - LANA DEL REY

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

it was a silent car ride for the most part. andrew snuck discrete glances towards the girl, failing to notice she could feel the intensity of his stare. directions weren't needed for andrew's many times visiting the perez household for the eldest.

"looks like mama's home." alaska breathed out, slouching in andrew's passenger seat slightly at the realization.

andrew had heard many stories of the infamous aaliyah perez from ashton as well, but for the most part, the boy seemed to act as if he didn't even claim the woman as his mother. andrew couldn't help the curiosity that grew when thinking about how alaska might've felt towards the woman.

last he'd heard of aaliyah was months before when ashton made a comment about the woman leaving the two and their father for the hundredth time, it'd seemed.

"thank you." alaska whispered, her eyes intact on her house through the windshield. "for the ride, i mean."

"anytime." andrew replied, glancing towards the girl once again. "he's going to be okay, you know? he always is."

alaska let out a soft, short laugh at the words. she nodded as she sat up in the seat. "i know."

"you should probably clean that." andrew motioned towards her hand that was covered in dry blood from earlier in the night.

"yeah, well, that wasn't my first tango and it definitely won't be my last, bazzi." alaska tilted her head towards the boy. "you seemed freaked out back there. you never been in trouble before?"

andrew shrugged his shoulders. "not really. not with the cops, at least. i always make sure i'm out before it gets serious."

"i'm surprised." alaska's eyebrows shot up at his words. "anyone who puts themselves in ashton's company usually falls victim to his decisions. i love my brother, dearly, but he ruins everything good."

"and you?" andrew countered back, sending her a look of curiosity. "you ruin everything good too?"

"you could say it ruins in the family." alaska replied, a playful smile tugging at her lips.

"i'd have to disagree."

"you don't know me." alaska countered back, quirking an eyebrow.

"i know ashton." andrew mirrored the look she was sending his way.

"but you don't know me." alaska turned her body towards the boy.