Chapter 6: New and Unfamiliar

Ikkaku and I were waiting in a room for the 4th Division Captain to come and examine me. My anxiety made me tap my fingers against the floor. Ikkaku would scowl at me, which made me tap my fingers faster.

"Do you have a problem bowling ball?" He growled and balled his hands. I smirked and began playing with my hair instead. Such a dark color, deeper than black. Ikkaku was mumbling curses under his breath but I couldn't help but notice how strong he really was.

Muscles rippled under his outfit. I watched the muscles of his arm twitch under the sleeves. He didn't intimidate me in the slightest.

"So Ikkaku, What's your Captain like?" His smirk turned wild and he stomped his foot.

"He's the strongest Captain in all of the Soul Society. I wouldn't be surprised if you passed out from his spirit energy alone." Ikkaku looked so pleased with himself. It sounded like this man was a god more than a soul reaper.

"Sounds like a narcissist." Ikkaku crumpled.

"Listen here girl! The only reason I don't cut you down right now is because the Head Captain actually thinks you are worth something. Don't make me change my mind." I rolled my eyes and my attention went to the door that was opening.

"Oh Madarame, everyone is worth something." Ikkaku zipped his mouth shut and stared at the ground. The woman in front of me had two long black braids tied to the front. Her face was covered with kindness as she kneeled down in front of me.

"Hello Ainu. Nice to finally meet you." I laughed nervously until she grabbed my cheeks and squished them together. "You are as adorable as Kira described you."

"Uhhh."

"No dilated pupils. No shortness of breath. No open wounds." She lifted my arm and checked in my ears. This felt more like a pat down than a routine check up. She tilted my head back by my chin and stared in my eyes for a split second. "Ah yes. Everything is good." The captain smiled and stood to her feet.

"Is she good to go? This place makes my skin crawl." Ikkaku murmured the last bit under his breath. Unohana turned around slowly and her ever-present grin grew.

"Yes of course. Remember Madarame, you have a physical due next week. I'll be looking forward to it." Ikkaku's skin turned white and his pupils shrunk is size. I giggled behind my sleeve and stood, stretching my arms above my head.

"Y-yeah about that..." Ikkaku cleared his throat. "C'mon brat." Unohana bowed and left, giving the bald man a stern look before she left. Ikkaku wrapped ropes around my wrist before I could realize what he was doing.

"This is a little excessive don't you think?" I held up my hands and gave them a test tug, grimacing at how tight the binds were. Ikkaku grinned and grabbed me by the scruff of my robe.

"Yeah yeah, save it for the Captain." I rolled my eyes and pouted. He led me around like a stray dog. As we left the building we were greeted by a half naked young man being thrown around like a bouncy ball. The three men that were pushing him around laughed as he tripped and almost lost the thin towel around his waist. Ikkaku's grin grew.

"Found ya a punk, eh boys?!" The men stopped shoving the boy and laughed obnoxiously. A tick mark grew on my forehead and I easily pulled the rope from Ikkaku's hands.

"Just playing a game before training, you know how it is Ikkaku!" The shorter man chortled. I felt a heat rising through me.

"Hey!" Ikkaku shouted, realizing I had freed myself yet again. I flipped him off before running to aid the boy. He seemed shocked to see me and the a thick red blush spread across his cheeks.

"H-hi." He couldn't seem to find his words. I slipped my hands from the knot and held out my hand. I helped him to his feet and smiled brightly.

"Hello there." Before he could speak again a hard push had me stumbling. Anger rushed through my whole body. My attacker was one of them men who had formerly been bullying the young man. His face was dirty and he had the tiniest scruff of facial hair. His grin exposed a golden tooth. I clenched my fist and growled between my teeth. I felt a hard hand grab the scruff of my shirt. Ikkaku opened his mouth to speak but I nailed him in the chin with my elbow. He groaned in pain and dropped me again and nothing could stop me this time.

I launched my attack. I punched the man who attacked me straight in the nose. His scream was quite feminine as he grabbed his nose, blood pouring from it. "You little shit!" He tried charging but I easily dodged him and took out his knees with my heel. His buddies quickly came to his rescue and both tried attacking me at once. My blood began pumping faster. It seemed like everything was moving in slow motion, and I was the only one who could move.

I disarmed the second guy, taking the handle of his sword and drove it into the third guys gut. The other man screamed in pain and dropped to his knees, blood spilling from the corner of his mouth. I pulled the sword from its sheath and pointed the tip at the second man. The cowering young man stood and stepped between us. "There's no need for violence." I narrowed my eyes and swiftly moved around him before cutting deep into the second man's chest with the sword. He fell to the ground like dead weight and that only left the first guy. I flicked the sword free of blood and pointed the sword at his trembling throat.

I raised the sword above my head. "You're playing my game now."

A bright flash appeared before me and I dropped to my knees. My vision turned black and the world disappeared.

~3rd Person POV~

The young girl collapsed onto the ground, her dark hair fanning out around her. Ikkaku gulped, fear rushing through him. Heavy footsteps approached him slowly. A large shadow loomed over the bald man.

"Madarame. Go back to the barracks. I'll deal out your punishment later." Ikkaku flash stepped away without another word. A giggly pink haired girl jumped to the ground. She skipped to the passed out girl and touched the pressure point on her neck.

"Kenny! You didn't have to hit her so hard!" Yachiru grumbled. She brushed the girls hair out of her face, the girls nose wrinkled at the contact but otherwise lay still. The large man kneeled down and easily tossed the girl over his shoulder.

"My spiritual pressure wasn't knockin' her out so I had to improvise." Kenpachi grinned. "She's a tough one."

~Chapter End~