Chapter 9

Glitch's POV

Choco, Cook, and I made our way through the crowds until we were near the stage. There were bots guarding the side entrance.

"How do we get inside?" I whispered, still in the cover of the crowds.

Choco thought for a second. She looked like she was about to yell something, but stopped. "They'll recognize my voice. Cook, yell 'someone brought a bomb.'"

"What? That'll cause mass panic!" Cook exclaimed. He lowered his voice. "Did Mom and Dad teach you nothing?"

Choco's face hardened. I looked back and forth between the two of them.

"If it'll get us past the guards, it's what we need," Choco said. "Now yell it."

"I have a better idea." Cook walked out of the crowd before we could stop him.

He strolled up to the two guards that were guarding the entrance to the stage. He nodded at them and tried to walk past.

The bots hovered into his path. "This is a restricted area. Turn around now."

"You can't make me!" Cook ran past them. The bots chased him. A few seconds later, Cook ran back out of the stage and into the crowd. The bots were still chasing after him.

"Now!" Choco whispered. The two of us ran backstage.

Luckily, there was no one else backstage. We immediately found the computer and ran over to it.

"Alright," Choco said. "Do your thing."

I cracked my knuckles. I then started typing really fast on the keyboard. After a few seconds, I said "I'm in" in a dramatic voice.

Choco didn't laugh. I don't think she even heard what I said. I sighed and started actually hacking into the computer.

***

Naomi's POV

Leo and I stood in line to get an autograph from Rebel. I could tell Leo was starting to get impatient, as he kept fidgeting.

"Would you relax? We're almost there," I whispered to him.

Leo groaned.

"What should we do when we get to her?" I asked.

"Say 'it's us,' grab her, and run," Leo answered simply.

"We're gonna get attacked by bots," I pointed out.

"That's what this is for." He opened his tool belt to reveal the pistol Hood gave him inside.

I nodded. "Okay. This better work."

"It will," Leo replied.

***

Rebel's POV

"Rebel! We're your biggest fans!"

"We can't wait for you to cohost with Todd!"

"I love your dress!"