two~ milkshakes and kisses

Betty's life wasn't as perfect as everyone else thought.
Sure, she was a river vixen, was dating Archie Andrews, and got straight As, but there was more to her.
A darkness no one ever saw.
Jughead had asked her to meet him at Pop's, and of course she said yes.
Jughead was her partner for writing the school newspaper, the Blue and Gold.
She enjoyed it, it was the only time she felt like she could escape, and she felt... understood, by Jughead. It was a feeling Archie had never given her.
And maybe, she felt a little something for him. But she was dating Archie, and he made her happy... right?
She walked into the small diner, to see Jughead waiting for her.
She smiled and sat down, seeing as Jughead had remembered to order a milkshake, her favorite.
"Thanks, Jug. What's up?" Betty said.
He took a deep breath. "Just wanted to talk."
"About what?"
"Look, I know you're with Archie and I know that this won't even make the slightest difference, but... I just want you to know that you're my everything, and if someday you'll give me the chance, I promise to love you with every single bit of my heart."
"Jug..."
"I know, I know, it's stupid-" He started right before he was pulled into a kiss.

"I love you, too."

But after these words, Jughead always knew in his heart that she still liked Archie, and the most heartbreaking part, was that he knew he could never even compare to Archie, and that he wasn't good enough for her.