3.03. I Hate You Don't Leave Me

1,000+ votes who am I

Chapter Twenty-Seven

I had to admit, the tour life was great and all, but it really took its toll on my emotions. I missed my mom and my friends like crazy, and all this traveling was exhausting.

So there I was, at 1:00am, tossing and turning in my coffin-sized bunk, restless and homesick. I'd tried watching a show on the tiny TV, and listened to music, but nothing had worked.

Flustered, I pulled back the curtain and swung my legs out of the bunk. My feet touched the soft carpet, and I felt the bus rumbling under my feet.

Another night meant a new city in the morning.

Using my phone as a flashlight, I made my way down the narrow hallway, through the living room, and over to the small kitchenette. I yawned and filled a glass with water, taking long, calming gulps. After I finished it off, I felt a little bit better, and I set the cup in the sink and padded back to the bunks.

Then, I heard something. A faint rustling noise coming from the bunk across from mine. Jacob's.

I turned the flashlight off on my phone and tiptoed up to his curtain.

"Jacob?" I whispered, and the curtain was pushed back. I saw Jacob's face, illuminated by his phone screen. His brow furrowed when he saw me.

"What's wrong?" he whispered, using one hand to soothingly up up and down my arm.

"Can't sleep," I mumbled.

"Me neither. C'mon," Jacob scooted over in the bunk and pulled his blanket aside. I noticed he was shirtless, and my cheeks heated up a little.

"Uh, is there room for two people?"

"We'll make it work," Jacob smirked, and I lifted myself up into the bunk, Jacob's arms wrapped around me for support. Once inside, I cuddled up to him and nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

"Much better," Jacob whispered, and kissed the top of my head. I smiled and closed my eyes before drifting off into a peaceful, dreamy sleep.

* * * * *

"Yo, lovebirds, rise and shine!"

I winced as bright light filtered in through my closed eyelids. I heard Jacob groan beside me, and I yanked the blanket up over my head.

"Grant...?" I mumbled from underneath the soft plush of the covers.

"Wow, Shawn, that's such a cute picture of Jacob and Maddy! I'm sure all your fans on Twitter will love that!"

"Oh my god, you guys," I muttered and pulled my phone out from underneath my leg. Quickly, I opened Twitter and went to Shawn's profile.

"Are you serious?" I whined as I saw Shawn's most recent tweet: a photo of Jacob and me asleep in his bunk, my mouth wide open, and my hair a scattered mess. Jacob looked flawless, as always.

"I couldn't help myself," Shawn smirked, and I glared at him.

"Okay, team, we're all the hotel, let's move!" Aunt Lisa shouted from the front of the bus, and I rolled out of the bunk, pushing Grant and Shawn to the side on my way to get dressed.

When we all successfully had checked in and arrived at our floor, Lisa pulled out the room keys and a piece of white paper.

"Time for room assignments," She mumbled, unfolding the scrap of paper.

"Wait, hold up," I blurted. We never had assigned hotel rooms, or at least, so far we hadn't. We always got to choose who we roomed with.

"We can't pick who we stay with?" Grant whined.