♥~Mission: Escape~♥

I walked through the school gates with my head up high, my best friends by my side - Allison, Amber and Layla. Allison sashayed ahead and her fluffy blonde hair flowed behind her like a blanket - Amber, Layla and I followed behind her as a crowd began to form. 

"Smile for the camera!" Layla exclaimed, smiling sweetly, flashing her shiny white teeth.

 I made a peace sign with my hand and grinned - in this moment, I felt powerful and as though nothing could bring me down. I had the world's greatest friends, and everyone adored us. Our family-like friendship was desirable by everyone in the school. 

"Violet, you look gorgeous today! Did you finally take our advice and buy the strawberry lip gloss?" Amber asked as we walked across the playground. 

I smiled, happy that she finally noticed.

 "Yes! I've been wearing it for three days straight - I've been waiting for one of you guys to mention it." I laugh, shaking my head. 

How oblivious can they be? 

"Wait, seriously? I never knew! I feel so stupid." Layla replied in shock, laughing.

 I sighed as a large crowd of people swarmed us and squealed continuously. I gently pushed them aside and struggled to catch up to Allison.

 "Geez, if you guys walked faster instead of chatting away you wouldn't have gotten stuck." Allison complained, rolling her eyes.

She charged towards us and grabbed onto both mine and Layla's arm - she yanked us out of the crowd and we both stumbled forwards. Her long, fake nails dug into my skin and I winced in pain as she released her tight grip. 

"Ouch..." I muttered, rubbing my arm.

 "Don't be such a baby, Violet." Allison said, crossing her arms. I looked behind at Amber, who was trying to fight them off. "No worries, she's more than capable of fending for herself. Watch." Allison said, smirking.

Amber karate-chopped her way through the crowd, as the fans shrieked in protest. She landed in front of us after doing a mega impressive back flip. My jaw dropped and I was left speechless. 

Amber flicked her chocolate brown hair over her shoulder, saying "Those animals have nothing on me." She looked at me mischievously, placing her hands on my shoulders. "I'll teach you one day, 'kay?" Her hazel eyes bored into mine, and I nodded slowly, gulping. To be honest, I was slightly intimidated.

 I took a couple of steps backwards and linked arms with Layla, who was equally dumbfounded. "U-uhm... Let's go to class! We'll discuss this later." Layla blurted out as we both began to speed walk away from them. They caught up quickly and ran up behind us, their footsteps growling increasingly louder, giggling like maniacs. 

♥ -Lunch-time - ♥

I pondered over whether or not to help Allison escape - she's in detention for passing notes. More specifically, passing notes to ME.

 "What are you thinking so intently about?" Amber asked, munching on her salad. 

I pushed my peas around my salad bowl, replying "I was thinking about getting Allison out of detention." 

Layla's face lit up and she clapped her hands eagerly. "YES!!! O-M-G, it'll be like in the movies! We can wear masks and sneak across the floor, and when nobody's looking, we-" 

Amber interrupted her. "Ok, you're getting way too ahead of yourself. I admit, not a bad idea Vi, but don't get too excited Layla. If we do decide to help her, we're DEFINITELY NOT going to act like spies. Acting casual is the best way to go. You guys will follow MY lead." Amber declared, her fierce eyes darting between mine and Layla's for confirmation that we understood.