I

Katarina Claes ✽ Maria Campbell

❛❛ I'll always be beside you.. ❜❜

How could this be?

Maria doesn't understand what's happening before her eyes. Something was there in front of her with such a heavy aura. The dark mist that has been haunting her for a while now suddenly grew so much. It was as if it was being fed by a dangerous mind, seeking and haunting for someone.

Her bright blue eyes widened, her lips agape. She didn't know why she that darkness once again in front of her. She knew that everything was off.

Maria could feel the chills and terror just by staring at it. Her breaths became uneven and she felt thick strings coil around her neck, suffocating her. The darkness binded her to the ground and she couldn't move an inch.

Around her was her friends. Each and every one of them laid on the ground, blinding streaks of red flowing and painting the surroundings with it. Just with their lifeless eyes she already felt like crying. She tried to look away yet something stopped her.

Brown hair, mesmerizing ocean eyes. The face of someone she always wanted to see everyday. The person who gave hope to her hazy and blurry world.

"Maria, go-"

Those were the last words she heard before a scream was heard.

She then opened her eyes to see her pillow beside her. Maria was never this happy to be back in her dorm room despite being covered with sweat and having an exhausted throat. She must've been the one who let out the scream.

"A nightmare.." Maria panted for breath. She sighed and hugged the pillow, her body still shaking vigorously. The sweat didn't help warm up her cold body begging for some sort of heat. "I can't believe I'm still having those."

Ever since Katarina Claes - the famous daughter of a duke, a school saint that has her own fan club, the favored friend of the student council memebers - has been kidnapped all these dreams started appearing. The helplessness of Maria that can't even do anything as she was abducted too worsened when she heard that her beloved friends was taken too. Gone and asleep by the hands of a dark magic user. 

While being held hostage, nightmares such as these started. First it was as simple as falling into a dark cloud then next was her running away from the mist. But even after Katarina woke up from her deep slumber those nightmares never ceased to stop and only got worse. This one was by far the most traumatizing and vivid one she had yet.

The voice of Katarina calling out for her didn't help either.

Maria closed her eyes and dug her face deeper into the pillow. She breathed onto it, grasping it with great force. She laid like that for a minute before tossing and turning. Her eyes then flashed open when she confirmed that she can't sleep at all. How could she when all of her nightmares come flashing back to her mind?

With nothing else of a solution, she stood up from her bed and opened the door quietly. 

A knock was heard on the door. "Who might that be?" A faint voice came from the other side before a creaking sound of the opened door was made. Familiar eyes stared at her with confusion.

"Maria? What brings you here?" The beautiful face of none other than Katarina Claes showed up. Her brown hair that was usually groomed into a half up-do was currently untouched and a bit messy. She wore loose pajamas with polka dots print as a night wear.