The start

I was touching up the last details and completing the dishes for our Christmas's lunch when the doorbell rang.
I laid down the ladle and went to open the door picking up Damian, who was playing in the living room with one of the present he had just received.
He seemed a bit pissed off 'cause of me taking him away from his games but when I opened the door a huge smile suddenly appeared on his face.
"Uncle Pierre!" Pierre smiled picking up my son who had just escaped from my arms.
"Ehi little monkey! I missed you! Come on let's get inside, I have a couple of presents that Santa has left for you at my house!" I was going to close the door back when I saw another car park in front of my house and Pascal, Lorenzo and Arthur get off of it.
That's how we celebrated Christmas that year: just me, Damien, uncle Pierre, nana Pascal and uncle Arthur.
Damien looked so happy opening the presents and playing table games with us. We all for a moment looked finally happy but we all knew we were missing something... someone.
We were in the middle of a Christmas film when my phone rang.
I answered not really looking at who was calling. My parents maybe, I thought, to wish me Merry Christmas, but it wasn't them.
"Mrs Leclerc? I'm calling you from the princess Grace hospital, I need you to come here as soon as possible."
However things will go, you'll never be alone.