jonathan's mixtape

"You've got mail, bubba," Mike Wheeler said, as he stepped back inside of a two story house. It was his and wills house. They had moved in it together just a few months prior. 3 months to be exact, so they were still settling in a bit.

Will rushed downstairs, hurrying over to Mike. He took the small package into his hands and looked at it, he turned it around and read the words 'From Jonathan'. "It's from my brother!" Will said excitedly. Mike smiled at how happy Will was with the package in his hands. Mike wrapped an arm around will and said, "let's go open it," he led Will into the living room. Will sat down on the light blue couch, mike went to get a box cutter. He looked around at the photos hung up on their walls as he waited for mike.

Mike had carefully cut open the box, revealing a mixtape wrapped in bubble wrap. Underneath the plastic and mixtape, there was a note. Will was debating on what to pick up first. Eventually, he came to the conclusion to read the note first. He carefully picked it and unfolded it.

"Hey buddy!
Congratulations on your marriage and new house! I'm really sorry i couldn't make it, you know I've been busy with work. Anyways, I made you a mixtape of some of our favorite songs as kids. Hope you enjoy it! I love you, Will.

Sincerely,
Your favorite, Jonathan.
Ps. Tell Mike I said hi :) "

Mike was reading the note over wills shoulder. Will wiped away a tear. "I miss him," he sniffled, crawling into mikes lap. "I know you do, baby." Mile replies, pulling Will closer to himself. "Why don't you go ahead and listen to the mixtape? The Walkman should be in our room."

Without any hesitation, Will got up and sprinted to their bedroom. He looked through one of their drawers and right there was Will's Walkman. He picked it up and jumped onto their bed, laying down on his stomach. Will put the mixtape inside the Walkman and put on the headphones. He pushed down on one of the buttons and the sounds of music filled his ears. Will smiled and laid down on his back, holding the letter from Jonathan close to his chest. He sighed happily as Radio Ga Ga by Queen began playing. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

About 15 minutes later, Mike came into the room and spotted Will and laying in bed with the headphones on and hugging a pillow. He chuckled at the sight of him and made his way over to the bed. He carefully removed the headphones from wills ears and placed the Walkman on their nightstand. He laid down next to will and replaced the pillow he was holding with himself. Will slept peacefully, cuddling mike.

I don't know how to end this story so.. 🤠 ~L