i'm so lucky.

on a chilly october night,
a couple years after will byers (now will wheeler) and michael got married, both of them sat on the couch of their new home.

mike was holding a baby girl in his arms. her name was sarah. they had adopted her a few months prior when she was only 3 months old. now, she's 6 months old and adores the love and affection she receives from her dads.

on this specific night, will leaned up against his husband's shoulder laying his head on him as they watched a popular sitcom. he smiled at their baby and then looked up at mike. he looked as if he was close to crying.

will grew worried, breaking their comfortable silence. "babe? is something wrong?" he asked quietly, careful not to wake their daughter. a warm tear rolled down the curly haired male's cheek as he nodded his head. his voice was a bit shaky, but he managed to speak.

"yeah.. i just.."
he began
"take your time.."
the shorter of the two said.

he sighed softly, not necessarily a sad sigh nor a disappointed one. it was more of a positive note.

"i feel so lucky. so lucky to have you as my husband. so lucky to have an amazing family.. so lucky to live in this amazing house. it's so hard to believe, it just completely takes my breath away to even think about how this is a reality. i love you so so much, never forget that, okay?"

will felt his own eyes start to tear up throughout the whole time mike spoke, up until he felt the first wet tear slip out from the corner of his eyes. this is why he loved mike so much. he made him feel so happy.

"i love you so much, wheeler."
"i love you even more, wheeler."

[A/N]this is so short and sucky, but i'm bored and out of inspiration :,)