Chapter 8

We all stood and watched as Loki and Thor prepared to leave. Why are you leaving my senpai Loki. Okay I really need to stop thinking these things. I am a grown ass woman not a child. He is hot though. No, no, no, Hailey. Bad. Gasp. Maybe I am a child. Did I just think the word gasp. I think I'm going insane but aren't we all. 

Thor takes the tube with the tesseract in it and holds it out to Loki. Loki reluctantly takes it and then they are off. That was really cool. I walk over to my car. I watch as Steve shakes my dads hand. They say some things to each other but I can't make it out. Steve walks over to me. "Hey Steve, what are you planning on doing now?" I ask him. "Oh I don't know. Maybe relax a little bit," he tells me. I smile, "I know you can't relax. I can't relax either so I kind of understand. I mean I tried relaxing and then my dad got kidnapped by terrorists then, I tried relaxing again and we got attacked by killer drones. So don't get too comfortable. You are now officially part of the Stark life, as I call it. If you know a Stark you are part of that life. And it sure is a chaotic one. Anyway, since I was rambling a bunch it was great to meet you. I wish I could ask you about your time and age but I can understand the stress and ptsd from it but, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm your gal. Anyway, you can talk now." Steve laughs a little then says, "I will keep that in mind and it was nice to meet you, too. I'm still kind of shocked Howard settled down and had a kid." I choke on air for a second then manage to get out, "You knew my grandfather? Now I want to ask you like ten hundred more questions. My dad never talks about him, ever. If I even mention him he freaks and is like we do not speak of him in this household young lady but seriously call me if you are ready to talk because I have questions a lot of them." 

I look around and notice that everyone else was gone. Was I really talking that long? "I should let you go though," I tell him. "Yeah probably," he sighs. He looks at me with this weird look. With this funny look. Is he? If he does I will slap him to space. "Anyway, see ya," I say quickly and hop into my car. I turn it on and drive away. He was about to kiss me and I know it. He probably would have asked if could because he is that kind of guy but I am not ready for that. Not at all. I also don't want to have to turn him down. Now I feel like a bad person for just leaving him like that. Ugh why is this my life?

The news was great. I mean it was giving us a bunch of praise for saving the world but they were also blaming us. Like bro. Bro. We saved your asses and all you do is be all like it's your fault for the destruction. I mean I guess I kinda get where they are coming from but still. 

Also I got a superhero name...... and I hate it. How the hell did they even come up with it like why? Scarlet Feathers? Where does that even come from? I am not a bird. How just how? That is all I would like to know. I mean I guess it could have been when I stopped the robots with my dad and made wings out of my fire but like still. Like couldn't I be named Flareon or something. I know it's a pokemon but still. Eh, whatever. It is what it is. But still. Okay I'll shut up now.

I watched as dad and Pepper worked with the layout of the tower. Apparently all of the Avengers were going to live with us eventually. Man was that going to be awkward with Steve. I just hope he gets over with it while he is away doing whatever he does.

I was surprised the shawarma place was even open. Half of it was broken but sure enough it was open. We were the only customers but still. I tried to eat some but I was to tired and my stomach felt like it was going to explode. So instead I set my head in my hands and closed my eyes for a little bit. I felt dad start to rub my back soothingly. That felt actually really nice. I was so tired and this was probably not helping but who cares. Not me. 

A/n I will update again so be ready for it. Anyway hope you enjoyed. Love you all. 

*Edited*