Chapter 1

Pillars of ice shot from his foot as Shouto danced around the field. Midoriya smashed the ice into bits, not breaking a sweat.

Shouto grumbled softly as more of his ice was destroyed. Midoriya spange towards him, using his quirk. Shouto shot out, capturing his foot in ice, and when Midoriya went to smash it, he used his ice again. The entire field was covered in ice crystals in an instant.

But, something was wrong, very, very, wrong. The ice, it was shaped like sharp spikes. Too sharp. Shouto looked around the frosty grounds. There, in the white and blue, he saw green, and red.

"Midoriya!" He called, running over. The greenest whimpered as todoroki approached. "M-midoriya…," Shouto whined, his wide-eyes stared, unblinking, at the ice that penetrated Midoriya's chest. No no no no NO!

"To-todoroki-kun…" Midoriya gurgled, blood bubbling past his lips and spilling down his face. It was slow and sticky like syrup.

"Don't talk!" Shouto said quickly. "It's gonna be alright, I'm gonna get help" he was holding back tears.

Midoriya shook his head as he gripped his chest. Shouto took slow steps towards him. He placed his right hand on His chest, trying to freeze the wound. Midoriya, not knowing, jumped from the pain, ripping the ice from his chest.

Shouto wailed as Midoriya wavered, then fell. He scooped him up in his arms as tears fell like a waterfall. Warm crimson drenched his blue jumpsuit as it gushed from the hole in Midoriya's chest. Shouto could hear his name being called. It was help. He felt relief was over him like warm water. He wasn't reassured in the slightest.

"We're over here! We need help!" He yelled, panic edging his mind. He gripped the boy in his arms and his breathing quickened.

"Sh-Shouto" he looked back down to his dying friend. "I'm gonna die…don't bl-"

"No! You're not gonna die...you can't die…" He cried, though he was mostly trying to convince himself. Midoriya just shook his head again.

"It's not your fault…"  He rasped. Shouto just cried harder at this. He couldn't lose him, not like this. He was his first friend. He was able to save Shouto from himself. And he killed him. With. His. Ice. "I'm sorry…."

Midoriya's eyes went vacant as he finally stopped breathing. Shouto let out a blood-curdling shriek, guilt drowning him. His screams dimensioned into soft cries as All might came with the rest of the class, taking midoriya's body from him.

He was swarmed with questions, screaming, and insults(bakugou) from his classmates. He couldn't look anyone in the face, standing there looking at his feet. "What happened?!" "What did you do?" "You killed him!" "Monster." That last one hurt more than anyone would ever think.

To his surprise, it was Uraraka who came up to him. "What the hell? You-you killed him! Did you even try to help? Save him?" Uraraka punched him square in the face, causing blood to gush from his nose. Iida grabbed her and dragged her away. Shouto cupped his hands to his nose, staring shell-shocked at the ground. Aizawa took him to recovery girl, not saying a word.