Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Macron's POV

Taylor was already waiting for me outside. She was furiously typing on her phone and she didn't notice my presence until I tapped her shoulder. 'Oh boy here comes the ranting' I thought. I was surprised when her eyes softened and every other emotion melted away; all I saw was happiness. A smile broke across her lightly freckled face.

"You are late." she said calmly.

"I'm sorry T, I had-"

"Forgiven"

"Forgiven?" she confirmed.

"Why?"

"I don't know and don't push it. You don't want me to be angry."

"Yeah yeah, thanks though"

"No problem babe" she teased.

Taylor can be like that sometimes. Too full of surprises. I smiled, taking in her smallish appearance. She saw me look at her that way and she blushed furiously.

"Stop it" she warned. I laughed shaking my head a little as I picked up her travelling bags and headed towards the car with her walking behind me.

*************

We drove in comfortable silence for a while. I missed Taylor's warmth. Having a long-distance relationship can be very tough at times. You never see the person face to face, never have much time to talk to each other when you eventually call, she may be busy and not pick up the phone.

I took her hands in mine and placed them on my lap, tracing circles over them. Goosebumps formed on her skin and her breathing became uneven. I chuckled at the effect.

Realizing what I was doing she snatched her hands back and crossed her arms over her chest in protest. Yet she never said a word, never broke the sweet silence that engulfed us.

Meeting Taylor was one of the funniest experiences ever. I was in the middle of my second year in University of Miniso, New York. I didn't meet her in a normal situation. That day, I didn't want to go to class. I just didn't feel like it. The garden looked so calm and warm and I had important to read on my tablet. The garden was adorned with different trees. A few had flowers that engulfed the green trees in a sweet scent.

I sat under one of the shadiest trees and began reading then words that appeared on my tablet. Reading it broke my heart a few times and somehow I started to cry silently and a few warm tears streamed down my face. My eyes became red and glassy. While a few sobs left my mouth. Taylor was passing behind me as I cried. She probably thought I was someone else because she came to me calling the name 'Gary' multiple times. I didn't see her and before I could notice her, she kneeled beside me. Seeing my face now, she realized I wasn't Gary. She began to apologize for interrupting but was hesitant to leave a crying young stranger alone. She settled down beside me and started to coax me.

"What happened to you?"

I wanted to laugh so I covered my face by hiding it between my shoulders. She thought I was crying and tried to calm me by saying reassuring calming words.

"I am sorry I just want to help okay..."

"Macron" I groaned pretending to be sadder than ever this time.

"Macron calm down. Tell me the problem. Maybe I can help?"

"It's nothing..."

"Oh come on, it can't be nothing if you are crying this hard. Let me help you."