10 Years Ago

13 year old Lisa was going on a vacation with her family to Korea. They would be spending a month there having the best time of their lives.

"Mom let's go to the park?"

We've been here a week and never gone there, it's just in front of the hotel.

"Why not, get your dad."

They all left the building, walking and down enjoying the scenery in front of them. It was Spring, the time of blossoming trees and flowers.

"I can go off on my own right, I'll be back at the entrance when it's time to go." Lisa asked.

"We'll call you, go on kid," Lisa's dad gave her the go card.

Lisa happily skipped the opposite direction of her parents, the sun was almost ready to set, she sat down on one of the bench and gazed the sunset between the two trees which almost looked as if there was a heart in the middle. Lisa then looked at the other benches and she saw locks with hearts with what she's guessing is lovers' name written on it.

"So that explains the tree heart."

A girl about the same age as her rode her bike down Lisa's pathway and lost balanced, she fell luckily on her knees, not her face. Lisa immediately got up from her bench and helped her up.

"Ow~ 아파~" the girl said.

"Are you okay?" Lisa said in a thick Korean accent.

The girl shook her head slowly while pouting, her tears flowing freely on her face.

She looked down at her knees and saw blood starting to flow down her legs, Lisa brought her to sit on the bench and quickly grabbed her handkerchief and water bottle squeezing it on her knees and wiping it off.

"I always carry bandaids when traveling." She took two bandaids out waving it in front of the girls face.

The girl looked relieved and forced a smile out.

She got down on her knees and unwrapped the bandaids, placing it gently on the girls knees.

"All good." She said and patted her knees which made the girl wince.

"Sorry, I should be more careful," Lisa paused, "why am I speaking English, you don't even understand."

She tried to continue in Korean.

"조심해, pleaseu."

The girl laughed a little and that made Lisa's heart calmer knowing the girl felt a little bit better than before.

Lisa brought her hands up to the girl's cheek and wiped her tear stained face.

"Thank you," the girl said in a perfect English accent.

"Hey, you speak English?"

"Of course I do, I studied in New Zealand for five years." She said with a little bit of sass.

"I just fixed your knee, no need for attitude, doll."

They both laughed.

"I'm glad you're feeling better," Lisa held her hand out.

"Jennie."

"I'm glad you're feeling better Jennie."

They shook hands.

"What a first meeting, I was distracted earlier so I lost balance."

"It happens to the best of us, why were you distracted?"

"I just got out of a relationship."

"Oh."

Things got awkward for a couple seconds.