Chapter 12: Back to Reality

I threw open the door and began running as fast as possible back to my house, having a small mental breakdown at the same time. Patton ran behind me yelling for me to slow down.

"VIRGIL! Wait up! I'm slow!" He yelled from behind me. I turned around, grabbed Patton by the arm, and continued running. Eventually, we reached my house and ran inside. I ran to the basement, grabbed my hoodie and put it on, hearing a car pull into the driveway. I ran back upstairs and told Patton to hide so he jumped out the window and into a nearby bush.

"Ow-!" I hear him squeak before quieting down. I zipped up my hoodie and ran to the kitchen, grabbed my step family's favorite foods and set them on the counter. I quickly opened a cabinet and threw flour on my face to make it seem like I had been home all night cooking. I heard the front door open.

"Paranoia!!" Remus's voice echoed through the house and I quickly turned around.

"Heeey! I made you some food for when you got back." I gestured towards the deodorant on the counter, as well as the coffee and chocolate covered crickets.

"Oh thank god! I'm starving because of that asshole at the dance!" Deceit yelled as he grabbed his crickets and begins eating.

"What asshole?" I questioned quietly.

"After we got to the dance, this guy walked in. He looked like absolute trash! He looked so bad that everyone was staring at him. He marched his way over to the food table and just started chowing down on all the food. Roman, the poor dear, went over to stop him so the rest of us could have some food. He offered to dance with the pig to get him away from the table. So they dance and this clumsy fuck falls on his ass and runs away. Roman chases him to, I'm assuming, yell at him for being so weird."

"Really? Wow! Sounds terrible." I had to stop myself from smiling.

"It WAS terrible! Poor Roman must be mortified from the experience." Remy spoke up.

"Actually it looked like they were having a good time dancing until you s-"

"Shut up Remy! Nobody asked you!" Deceit interrupted. Remy looked mildly annoyed, grabbed his coffee, and walked to his room.

"Now now Deceit, off to bed with you." Deceit rolls his eyes and walks to his room. Remus turns to me. "As for you Para- wait. Why is your hoodie zipped up? You never zip your hoodie up."

"Uh-I. . . it's really cold..."

". . . alright then." Remus shrugged and walked to his room. Patton knocked on the window and I let him inside. We changed back into our normal clothing and walked back outside for some much need rest and relaxation. We sat on the front porch with a sigh as rain began to lightly fall. It's Patton who brakes the silence between us.

"So?"

"So. . . what?"

"How was your dance with Roman?"

"It was nice. He was super sweet and kind." I smiled a bit before changing the subject. "And what was going on with you and Logan? You seemed to be having fun." I smirked. His face went dark red.

"Well, we just started talking and we really hit it off."

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I said sarcastically.