Chapter 18: The Escape

Roman's POV

I rang the door bell feeling extremely nervous what if me and him don't like each other and what happened at the dance was just a one time thing? I tried my best to push aside my fears and keep composed.
A tall thin man with a mustache opened the door he was smiling sweetly "hello you're Roman correct?"

"Yes I am."

"I have who you're looking for it's my son Deceit he's up in his bedroom waiting for you to arrive."

"Oh that's great can I come in?"

"Of course."

I walk inside and set down on the couch waiting patiently for Deceit to come out.
He slowly descended the stairs as if he was some big hot shot movie star he was dressed incredibly fancy and look admittedly quite handsome.

"Hello my love we are reunited at last!" He said looking completely infatuated with me.

"Oh uh hello" I said nervously "you were the boy I danced with? You're paranoia?"

"Of course darling I remember it perfectly it was a magical night that I could never forget."

"But you're voice is so different-" I started to speak before getting cut off by Deceit.

"Oh sweetie I was just doing a fake voice it was a costume party after all I was hiding my identity watch." He coughed and the proceeded to do a really moody and edgy voice "I'm totally not into you or anything" He then went back to his normal demeanor.
"Anyways honey bunch I'm the one you danced with and that's that!"

"I guess you are" I thought for a moment something about this just doesn't seem right. He acts so...over confident. The boy I danced with was a lot more humble...maybe he was nervous? I don't want this whole search to have been for nothing but...I'm not sure I love him anymore.

Patton's POV

I snuck my way into Virgil's house after crawling through a window, I ran to the basement door and started using a hair pin to try and pick the lock. All of a sudden I felt a presence behind me it was Remy oh no! I'm doomed! I've failed Virgil! All of a sudden I saw him...pull out a spare key and unlock the door? What?

"Remy do you know what you just did!"

"Helped?"

"Why?!"

"I don't know boredom I guess?"

I stood there completely confused and in awe for a moment before turning to the basement door and opening it.

"Virgil are you-" I was interrupted by Virgil tackling me with a huge hug "thank you so much Patton!"

"Oh uh your welcome but Remy unlocked the door."

He pulled away from me and approached Remy "Remy you saved me?"

"Yeah."

Virgil looked to be in deep thought for a few seconds before turning to Remy and giving him a huge hug.
"Thank you."

"Don't mention it." They pulled away from each other "Now let's go get your man back."

Virgil stepped out the door and looked towards the living room. He was about to do, is his opinion, the scariest thing he could do: show his true self.