20

I wake up and look in the mirror, my eyes are all red, puffy and makeup is running down my cheeks. I take a big breath in and think about what happened last night. I know what I heard, Ally is just using Dylan but he won't believe me. But what really hurt me was that he thinks that I am using both of them to make myself feel better. I love both of them so much but in different ways. I know I hurt Dylan and I feel terrible. He admitted he liked me more than a friend and I shut him out. He was always by my side no matter what. When Payton hurt me, Dylan was there to help me. I made a huge mistake.
I quickly wipe off my makeup and get ready. I put my shoes on, grab my phone and run to Dylan's house.
I knock on the door and Dylan walks by and looks at me but doesn't open it.
"Dylan! Please I need to talk to you!" I yell so he can hear me. He looks at the ground and shakes his head, but decides to open it.
His eyes are red and he looks like he's been crying.
He looks at me and presses his lips together.
"Dylan please listen to me ok?" I say
He closes the door behind him and nods while leaning against the door frame.
"I made a huge mistake. I hurt you and I feel terrible. You were always there to help me no matter what. You are an amazing best friend and I'm so sorry for all of the mess I made. Please don't change because of me, you're perfect and I'm extremely sorry for the ways I made you feel. I know it must be so hard, you admitted that you loved me, which takes a lot of courage, and you proved that you would do anything for me but I turned you down. And that's my fault. I really hope someone loves you in the ways I couldn't because you deserve it. You're amazing and I don't want to lose you. Is there any chance that you could forgive me because I would love to be best friends again. I can't live without you dyl." I say as I almost break into tears.
He looks down and sniffles.
"You were right." He says.
"About what?" I say softly
"About Ally. She used me and left. I'm never going to find some one Em. Don't you see that!? I really thought we had something but I was wrong. I have to go." He says
"No dylan! Wait please." I say crying.
He looks up at me also crying.
"You will find someone perfect for you. I know it's hard to believe but there is someone right now wishing they could be with you because they love you. You just haven't found them yet. And yes I know we love each other but not in that way and I'm sorry because I know how tough that is. I- I need you Dylan. I love you." I say wiping my tears with my sleeves.
He looks at me sniffling, and then he steps outside and hugs me.
I smile and laugh a little.
"Thank you." I whisper.
"I love you Em. I'm so sorry." He says still hugging me. I hold him tighter.
"I love you too Dylan. I don't know what I would do without you." I say as we pull apart.
We both look at each other and smile. He smirks a little.
"Wanna come in?" He says opening the door.
"Sure" I reply.
Me and Dylan hang out the rest of the day, we go shopping, watch movies and eat tons of chocolate. We finish another movie and decide to face masks. We take a picture together and I post it.

@Emma_*your last name*

Love this doofus 🤪❤️_______________________________Comments:@allison<3: you guys are friendship goals

_______________________________
Comments:
@allison<3: you guys are friendship goals.
@laurengrace: awww ly guysss
@Tanyyyaaa: are you guys a couple?
Reply: @audreyK: they're best friends
________________________________

Me and Dylan are sitting on his bed on our phones.
"Em?" He says
"Yep?" I say looking up at him.
"I need to tell you something about Payton." He says putting his phone down
"What about him" I say raising an eyebrow.
"Remember last night when I was all mad and said things that weren't true at all like you using me and him for your benefit and choosing between us." He says.
"Yeah? What about it" I reply.
"Well after you left he got upset and cryed. I tried to comfort him but he pushed me away. He walked away but I don't know where he went. Probably home. But we should go and talk to him." He says
"Yeah, we should." I start to walk out of the room and head down the stairs.
"Wait Em!" Dylan yells out.
"What?" I say back
"You need to take off your face mask before you walk out of the house." He says laughing at me.
"Oh yeah, forgot about that." I say laughing along with him.
We wash our face masks off and head out.
We walk to Payton's house and knock. His mom opens the door.
"Hi Mrs. Moormeier, is Payton home?" I ask
"No dear I though he was with you? Didn't he sleepover last night?"
Me and Dylan look at each other confused.
"Umm we were going to sleep over but something happened and we left. Payton walked away and we thought he had walked home." I say
"He's not here. But if you find him let me know. His car isn't here either." She says.
"Ok, thank you." We say and start waking.
"Where could he have gone?" Dylan asks
"I have no idea." I say.
"Do you want to take my car and drive around and see if we can spot his car anywhere." Dylan says.
"Sure. I'll try calling him." I say.
While walking back to Dylan's I keep calling and texting Payton but he doesn't answer.
We finally get to Dylan's car and we get in.
"He's not answering his phone." I say
"It's ok Em, we'll find him." Dylan says.
We drive around for an hour and still can't find him.
"Dylan were never going to find him." I say
"Don't worry, he has to show up at some point." Dylan says and I nod.
"Wait! That's his car!" I say pointing to a house.
"Who's house is that though?" Dylan asks.
"I have no idea." I say looking out of the car window.
We park outside and start walking towards the door but then I see something out of the window.
Payton is sitting on a couch with another girl.
"Wait Dylan, look." I say while Dylan walks next to me.
Payton looks at the girl and says something. She smiles at him and takes his hand. Who is she?
Then something terrible happens. Payton leans in and kisses her. I am speechless.
"Em, I-I'm so sorry." Dylan says putting his hand on my shoulder.
I feel a tear roll down my cheek and I run back to the car. I put my head in my hands and cry. I can't believe he would do that to me. Did he even love me? Dylan sits down in the drivers seat and wraps his arms around me.
"I'm so sorry Em. It's ok, don't cry." He whispers.
We sit there for a little and then drive back to Dylan's house. Dylan holds my hand the whole drive back as I cry. Why? Why would Payton do that? I know him and that doesn't seam like something he would do.