The Beginning

Hi I hope you enjoy the beginning of this story. Just to point out if you didn't know, (Y/N/N) means your nickname :) Enjoyyyy

     My alarm rang out playing my favorite song. I groggily opened my eyes and reached out, turning off the blaring alarm. I sat up and slowly got out of bed, jumping into the shower and getting ready for another work day. I threw on some high waisted black shorts and some Smosh shirt with my black high top converse.

     I hopped into my car driving to the smoffice. Today was my five year anniversary of editing videos for the Smosh family. I jammed out to some music and a few minutes later pulled into the parking lot.

     I walked into the office and was greeted by tons of smiling faces. "(Y/N/N)!!!" Wes yelled running up to me. "Hey Wesssss" I smiled up at him.

     "Sooo what's the plan for today?" I asked him. He smiled slyly at me "There is a meeting at 10 for everyone and I'm filming a Board AF video and that's it for today I think". 

"Sweet that sounds like a pretty simple day, I'll see you in the meeting?" I questioned. "I'll save you a spot next to me" he winked playfully. I smiled at him as we walked off.

     I pulled out my chair and sat down, beginning to edit the last video that the Smosh Games crew had filmed. A few minutes later, Ian knocked on the wall, trying to gain my attention. "Hey Y/N)" I looked up at him and smiled softly.

"Hey Ian what's up?" I asked. He smirked knowingly back at me. "There is a meeting in 10 minutes, make sure to be there ok?" I laughed. "I'll be there don't worry"

"I know you will you're always on it" he high-fived me before walking out. I quickly finished up the part I was working on and closed up the browser. I stood up and walked into the meeting a few minutes early, taking my usual seat next to Wes. He smiled at me and offered me a piece of candy that he was eating.
"Sooo anything new with.." he glanced up at the door to see Damien walking in "you know?" he chuckled. A faint blush spread across my cheeks. "Nothing new, he still doesn't even know I exist" I half-heartedly smiled.
Shayne walked in and smiled as he made eye contact with me. He walked over and sat in the empty seat to my right.
"Hey Shayne" I smiled at him. "Hey (Y/N), any ideas what this meeting is about?" he asked me. "No clue, I think Wes knows though" I glanced over at Wes.
He evilly smirked back at me and shrugged. "Maybeeee" he winked. "Well I'm very excited I have a really weird good feeling about it" Shayne widely smiled. Just then Ian strutted into the meeting room, closing the door behind him.
"I'm sure you all are very curious what this meeting is about so let's get this meeting started quickly" Ian announced. Everyone nodded in agreement and warily glanced at each other, wondering what this was all about.
"Let's just get straight to the point, drumroll pleaseee" he smiled. The whole room started drumming their fingers on the table in front of them. "We are having Summer Games again this year!" Ian yelled happily.
Everyone cheered and I turned to Wes smiling at him. I'd never been to a Summer or Winter games before but I enjoyed editing their videos and just seeing how much fun they were having.
MattRaub stood up cheering as well. "I know we are all very excited about another Smosh Summer Games but there's more. Since there are so few people joining us this year we decided to invite another special person to keep the teams even" he said.
Wes grabbed my hand in anticipation and smiled fully at me. "We would like to bring an editor who has been working for us for awhile now, actually it's been exactly 5 years today." Ian exclaimed. I gasped, he couldn't be serious.
"This year we are going to welcome (Y/N) to our Smosh Summer Games squad!!" Matt exclaimed. Everyone cheered and congratulated me on the news. I couldn't believe it. This was actually happening? I've always wanted to be part of the fun instead of just editing.
Shayne clapped his hand onto my shoulder. "This is going to make this summer so much better" he grinned. "I sure hope so" I smiled back.
"This years theme is Apocolypse!!!" Ian exclaimed. Everyone loudly cheered and clapped, excited for this news.
"We will wait to announce teams until we actually film the first video but be ready!" Matt smiled. "This year is going to be awesome guys! Let's go get some work done now" Ian yelled. Everyone cheered and walked out back towards their appropriate rooms.
"I'm so excited for this year now, I can't believe this is actually happening" I said to Wes. He smiled back at me "I did a little bit of convincing to get you in. I can't wait to film with you".
"Do you two wanna come over for a movie night at my house later tonight?" Shayne stepped in. I glanced at Wes and smiled "we would love to". "Sick I'll see you guys tonight" he smiled and strutted off.
"You only want to go because Damien might be there" Wes laughed. "Noo I want to celebrate this news with you guys" I blushed and playfully hit his arm. "Well i'll see you tonight then" Wes smiled and walked into the Smosh Games office.
I skipped over to my desk and happily finished my editing for the day. I couldn't believe that this was happening to me. I had been in a few Smosh Games videos before and loved being on the other side of the camera. I had a new hope to finally be in more videos with the Smosh fam.
When I finished for the day I went home and waited for Wes to come pick me up to go over to Shayne's house. I smiled and hummed to myself as I thought about the day. I couldn't wait to film with the crew and hoped that the fans would like me. I touched up my makeup and hair.
A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. I opened it and Wes engulfed me in a hug. "I'm just so happy you get to film with us this summer" he mumbled into my shoulder. I grinned up at him. "Me too let's party tonight and celebrate" I agreed.
We walked out and hopped into his car. I connected my phone to his speakers and started blasting music. We both screamed along to the songs as we made our way over to Shayne's house.
The car pulled up into the driveway and we hopped out. I skipped up and knocked on the door quickly. Courtney opened it. "Hey girl! Come on in guys" she smiled widely.
Wes and I walked into the house and began to mingle with everyone. I mainly followed Wes around like a puppy. I wasn't really friends with anyone else besides him and Shayne. I hoped that would change this summer and I could grow closer to everyone else.
This had been the best five year work anniversary ever.