Chapter 4

P/n Pov

Looking outside I can see people with Archangel Flames.

...huh Yggdrasil monsters. Eh, it's not like its gonna help them anyways.

Soldier: You're right, there are people. They've surrounded the village in equally spaced intervals.

Ainz: Who are they exactly?

Gazef: Only the Slane Theocracy could send out this many magic casters at once. And they're part of the special ops unit directly under the Head Priest. It must be one of the six scriptures.

Ainz: They, the ones who attacked earlier.

Gazef: They were dressed as soldiers from the Empire, but it looks like they were actually from the Slane Theocracy.

Ainz: Does this village hold that much value?

Gazef: Sir Gown, if you have no idea why they are attacking...then there is only one reason they are attacking this place.

Ainz: It looks like you are quite despised, Head Warrior.

...hm, I think I'm going to have Shalltear stroke my tails after this is all over.

Gazef: This is quite a problem. To think that even the Slane Theocracy is after me...

...and maybe have Tatsumaki stroke my ears too...

Gazef: Sir Gown, Lady P/n. I'd like to hire you if possible. I will be sure to reward you as you wish.

Ainz: I decline.

I point to my brother.

Me: What he said.

Gazef: I see. Then, please take care, Sir Gown, Lady P/n. Thank you again for saving this village.

...I didn't really come to save this village...but whatever.

Gazef: I am really, truly grateful. I know this is a selfish request, but please protect them once more. I have nothing to give you at this moment, but I beg of you.

Gazef starts to go to his knees to beg us to protect this village but Ainz stops him from doing that.

Ainz: There is no need for you to go that far. I understand. We will be sure to protect the villagers. I will put my name, Ainz Ooal Gown, on the line.

Me: And I will put my name, P/n, on the line too.

...I don't get it...why am I putting my name on the line?

Gazef: Then, I will have nothing to worry about. I will just focus on the enemy before me!

Ainz: Then, please take this.

Ainz hands Gazef an item.

Gazef: A gift from one such as you? I will accept it gracefully.

He takes it and puts it away.

Gazef: Good-bye.

Ainz: I wish you luck in battle.

We walk out of the building to see Gazef get on his horse and lead his troops toward the enemy.

Ainz: When I first met the humans here, I saw them no more than insects. But I grow fond as I converse with them, coming to see them as small animals.