Rumors Spread Like Wildfire

"The Parisian Authorities warn that the killer may have possibly escaped Paris, the killer was spotted at Gare Du Nord." the lady on the television says. I turn to Laura and Norbert. "You don't think he's on the Express? Right?" I question them, nervously. Laura gulps and and I can tell that she's starting to worry again. I felt so bad for her.

Her anxiety causes her worry so badly during situations like this, my heart sank once again. I also started to fill up with worry, what if Norbert was right all along? Maybe the murderer is on board? Maybe they aren't? There are hundreds of trains that leave Gare Du Nord every day but that doesn't mean that is isn't a possibility.

 Norbert seems fine. "Why do you assume it's a man? Maybe it's a woman. I personally think it's Ashleigh." he says with a smug look on his face. Laura quickly glances at him and says, "Norbert, can you not? You're gonna make me panic even more!" Norbert tries to justify his actions, "But-" he says before he gets cut off by Laura, "But nothing! God." She lets out an angry sigh and slams herself into her seat, slowly filling with anger.

Norbert looks at her and then looks down, staying quiet. I look at them both, I was speechless. I never saw Laura get mad at Norbert before so that was something new for me. Some girl that walked up to our table and sat down.

 "Hey, I'm Mikaylah." she says, introducing herself. "I overheard you guys talking and wanted to join in the conversation." she follows up. Laura waves at her and turns away, facing the window. Laura stares out the window, watching the trees pass by. We were indeed in the middle of nowhere. I hate being outside of urban areas.

I try to comfort Laura a bit by giving her a hug. She smiles and hugs me back. She's still pretty nervous but already seems a bit better. I begin to chat up a conversation with Mikaylah. "You see that guy over there?" she asks, pointing to him, I nod. "He's pretty cool. Mind if I invite him over here?" she asks me. "Go ahead! The more the merrier." I say, smiling.

She waves him over to us. He walks up to the table with a chill look on his face. He seems like a pretty cool person. "Hey, It's your boy Xenon." he says, introducing himself to everyone at the table. Norbert doesn't bother to look up from his phone. I smile and wave at him. "I'm Caleb." I reply. Laura stays staring out the window but side eyes him. Rumors quickly spread that the murder suspect is aboard the Express.

Axel and Mahdi are nowhere to be found. Gossip is flowing through the car and people begin to worry. I brush it off and tap Laura's shoulder. "Hey, let's head back to our booth, okay?" I say to her. She nods her head and I make my way out of the dining car and through the train. Laura follows behind me after waving everyone goodbye. I unlock the door to our booth and settle down. Laura sits across from me and relaxes. I hope for the best on this trip.