Chapter 40

Uncomfortable was an understatement. Sean tried to keep his nerves at bay as the carried the girl into the next isle. He was extremely careful not to drop her.

As they approached the next isle Sean placed the petite girl on her feet.

She makes him feel uneasy.

Aurora smiled when she saw a rhinestone incrusted circular... piece of cloth? She grabbed the item from the shelf and frowned. Its very pretty but what is it? She turned it over in her hands and furrowed her eyebrows. The item was too wide to be a belt but she tried anyway. She put her right leg in and then her left. The petite girl pulled it up her legs and pouted when it stopped mid thigh. She grunted and wiggled trying her best to pull the item up her waist but it wouldn't budge.

Sean rolled his eyes. "It goes over your head."

The girl frowned and shimmied out of the item and placed it over her head. It flopped down onto her shoulders. This can't be right. Aurora lifted it back up over her head and tried again. She got the same results.

Sean kissed his teeth and grunted as he snatched the object from the small girl's hands. He put it over her head and arranged it so that it draped perfectly over her shoulders. "That's how it's supposed to be. It's a collar... you know... Cleopatra."

Aurora frowned. She didn't know.

Catching a glimpse of the girl's confused face. Sean huffed and shook his head. "Forget it. I don't have the time to give you a history lesson." The girl blinked a little taken back by Sean's choice of words. She looked down at her shoes with a slight pout and removed the pretty collar from her shoulders placing it back on the shelf where she found it. She jumped hearing loud laughter coming from the other isles.

It was Niall. "Stop it Li!.... Harryyy....tell Liam to stop!!" That was followed by a very loud laugh. The girl knew automatically that it was Liam. A small smile spread across her lips. She really loves those guys.

She stepped around Sean and walked down a couple of isles to where all the noise was coming from. She giggled at the sight in front of her. Liam and Niall both had on huge pirate hats and eyepatches. They growled at each other as they started their sword fight.

The swords swiped back and forth harshly causing a click click click sound to fill the air. Niall took two steps backwards as Liam advanced towards him. "Arrggg!!" Liam said. "Looks like someone's gonna walk the plank!" Niall lowered his sword and swiped it horizontally, hitting Liam in the shin. Liam jumped back and waved his sword in the air. "Hey! That was a cheap shot!" Niall smirked and shrugged innocently. "What do you mean?"

No words were exchanged but Niall's eyes widened. He dropped his sword onto the floor and took off running, Liam hot on his heels. "Come back here!"

Aurora moved to the following isle and saw Harry. He was ripping open a box that read Nerf.

The boy from the counter spotted harry and made his way over to the isle. "Um excuse me sir. You can't open that in here."

Harry waved him off dismissively. "We'll pay for it."

The boy was about to speak. He seemed a little confused by Harry's statement but he shrugged and made his way back over to the register returning to what he was doing on his phone.

Aurora walked closer to the curly headed man. "Hi Haz. Whatcha doing?"

Harry smiled when he saw the small girl. "Aurora! Good you can be on my team." He grabbed another Nerf box and ripped it open with his large hands. One gun was blue and orange, the other was green and yellow. He set them up and loaded each with the correct number of orange bullets. "Okay love you take this." He handed her the blue shiny gun. It was cool and a little heavy in her hands. Harry showed her how to shoot and reload when she needed to. "-and every time you want to shoot you have to cock this back and then press the trigger. Got it?" Aurora nodded.

"Okay." Harry said. "Shoot whoever you see." The two crept up the isle and poked their head into the other isle. Zayn and Louis were standing side by side examining leather jackets. Zayn looked at the jacket and tilted his head to the side. "I think I like this one better than the other one but that- hey!!"

Zayn whipped his head around quick enough to see both Harry and Aurora sprint to the next isle, Aurora giggling like mad.

That's how they spent the next hour and a half. All six of them had a nerf gun in hand and ran around the store playing cops and robbers.

By the time they were finished there were orange nerf gun bullets scattered all over the store floor. The group was on the ground trying to catch their breath. Aurora was laid out with her head in Louis' lap. A small smile plastered on her face. So this is the meaning of fun. She glanced over and saw Harry pull Niall close. He leaned down and connected their lips. Niall turned a very bright pink as his eyes fluttered closed, Even though they were at a public place, Aurora still felt the need to look away- just to give them their time.... and of course Liam had to say something.

He picked up the deserted nerf gun and shot at the two lovers. The bullet zoomed between the two hitting the back wall. Niall jumped and quickly disconnected hip lips from the older man.

"Ughhh! Get a room!!"

Niall covered his face with his hands and curled into Harry's side. Harry smirked and flipped Liam the bird.

"Harry..." Zayn warned. Harry quickly put his finger down and pouted causing Liam to chuckle. "Haha..."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Shut up!"

Aurora giggled. They're like a little family. Zayn is the dad and Harry, Niall, Liam and Louis are like brothers but Liam is definitely the trouble maker.

Zayn stood to his feet and clasped his hands together. "Alright guys-" he turned to Aurora "-and gals. Let's do what we came here for. Go find your costumes." Like before, the guys took off, leaving poor Aurora to fend for herself. She didn't mind though. She knows how excited they all are.

She stood to her feet and resumed her previous search. She looked towards the counter to see if she could ask the worker for some assistance, but the boy wasn't there. She frowned. She glanced behind her and saw Sean standing there with his arms folded.

He does scare her a little.

The shy girl walked to the front of the store and saw the worker picking up stray nerf gun bullets. She got closer and tapped his shoulder. "U-Um excuse me mister..?" He turned his attention to her and smiled as he stood to his feet. Aurora took a step back a little shocked by his height. He was almost as tall as Harry. He was a caramel color with curly hair, green eyes and freckles.

"Hi little lady. What can I help you with?"

His voice was smooth like milk and honey.

Aurora looked down at her shoes suddenly feeling nervous. "U-Um.. who's Cleo-" she froze. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. What was that name again? She tried again "U-Um... Cleo- um..."

The boy chuckled. "Cleopatra?"

The shy girl nodded.

The boy placed the bucket of nerf gun bullets on one of the shelves and brushed his hands off. "Alrighty, Cleopatra was the Queen of Egypt a long long time ago. She was famous for her beauty and intellect- meaning her intelligence. Did you see a Cleopatra costume that you liked?"

Aurora nodded excitedly. A queen?? Of course! She grabbed the boy's hand and dragged him over to the isle where she saw the beautiful choker. She snatched the item off the shelf and held it up so the boy- Brandon- could see. "I-I like this. I want to be a queen for Halloween." Brandon nodded smiling brightly. "Good choice. Let me run to the back to get the full costume, everything is included. I'll be right back."

Aurora watched as Brandon jogged to the back room. She caught sight of Sean and huffed. "Why do you keep following me?"

Sean rolled his eyes. "Kid. I'm just doing my job."

"Your job is to follow me?"

Sean's eyes darkened- if that was even possible. "My job is to keep you and the guys safe. That's it."