- chapter three: the mall rats [ part one ]

CHAPTER THREE.
because you are you and that is magnificent.

ho, beans! i have returned and even though school is kicking my ass i shall do my best to deliver the chapters quickly

EDIT: ok so this chapter looked way longer in draft than it does as an actual chapter wtf

nineteen woke up with a start as the bedroom door was slammed close. eleven walks in, holding the phone to her ear. "..where are you?" she says. nineteen grumbles and lays back down, trying to go back to sleep. she hears eleven's muffled conversation with, probably, mike and shoves the covers over her head.

"do you lie?" she then hears and her eyes slowly open. she takes down the cover.

nineteen turns around towards the short haired girl as she pulls the phone away to look at it in confusion. eleven then turns and walks out and she hears the ding of the phone and hopper say something. eleven doesn't reply and instead walks back in, slamming the door.

"what?" nineteen asks, snuggling into her pillow and planning on going back to sleep.

"mike." eleven states, somewhat angrily. nineteen lifts her head slightly, peeking through one eye. "i think he's lying to me."

nineteen sits up, crossing her legs and patting down her bed head. she furrows her eyebrows. "why?"

"i don't know." she says, pacing back and forth. "he.. just.." she then stops. "weird." she says, using a word lucas had said once.

nineteen purses her lips. eleven sits down next to her and puts her hands on her knees. she sighs. "i don't know..."

nineteen scratches her bare calf and turns to eleven. she closes her eyes and tries to find mike, zoning in on him.

it's difficult today. honestly, there's some days where she has to use all of her energy, and other days where she can't get anyone out of her head. those are both bad.

her eyes snap open as she finds mike.

"he's lying." she states, confirming eleven's fears. eleven's mouth drops open slightly, and her eyebrows slant. she looks down at her lap sadly.

nineteen scoots closer to the girl and lays her head on her shoulder, grabbing her hand. "i'm sorry. maybe he's got a good reason?"

"why did he lie?" she asks to no one in particular, ignoring nineteen. nineteen respond, as they sit in comfortable silence. el lightly leans her head on nineteen's.

the moment is interrupted when a drop of blood falls onto nineteen's hand that's in her lap. she immediately stands up and walks to the vanity, grabbing the box of tissues and wiping away the blood from her cheeks.

"i hate it." she says, folding the tissue. it's like she can't even think about her power without bleeding. it gets in the way of everything!

she throws away the bloody tissues and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath in. the bed squeaks as eleven stands up and then arms wrap around her shoulders. eleven lays her cheek on her back and sighs.