- chapter seven: the sauna test [ part one ]

CHAPTER SEVEN.
a little bit of luck.

GIFS ARENT WORKING

hey y'all 😐 im so sorry and im still taking my time but i promise i still want to write this book

also i couldn't get the outfit to load at the top so ✨ i miss polyvore

unsurprisingly, nineteen couldn't stop thinking about will.

she'd been so distracted with billy that she didn't even think about will and what he was going through. what had happened at mike's house and then at castle byers.

he had had a full blown breakdown after months of feeling like he lost his childhood. it had built up until mike finally hit his breaking point and caused will to destroy one of the places that he felt most safe.

nineteen had been in castle byers only a handful of times. earlier in the year, back in march, will had brought her there for his birthday. they had shared a cupcake as he read the first two chapters of the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the rings.

while she hadn't understood a thing, he enjoyed having someone to read it to so she laid down and let him read aloud.

it wasn't until joyce had come out there with a smile and candles that they had stopped and went back to the byers house for the party.

now she sat in max's bathroom, knees pulled to her chest and hiccuping through the tears. she was trying to be quiet, so as not to disturb anyone in the house.

she cared for will so much that it could physically hurt. their friendship and connection was so deep to her. she felt just as connected to him as she did to eleven. he wasn't like steve or hopper or the rest of the party. there was something else that tied him to nineteen. maybe it was because of the upside down. maybe it was because she felt like a sister.

nineteen comes back to reality when someone knocks on the door.

"blue? you okay?" max asks from the other side. nineteen sniffles quietly.

"yeah." she calls back. "just tired."

"okay... well, let me know if you need anything else. do you have your toothbrush? i can braid your hair?" she offers.

nineteen nods even though max can't see. "yes." she says. "i'll be out in a minute."

max doesn't answer so nineteen assumes she had walked away. she stands up, walking over to the sink and getting her toothbrush and toothpaste. she starts brushing her teeth slowly, her mind all jumbled.

billy made no sense. it just didn't add up. was it all a trick? how could she hear his thoughts one minute but not the next? it was all so....

"stupid," she mutters aloud, then winces, remembering will in castle byers.