Scenes 11 -20

11. ext. alleyway - Duntooine

TQ 431 stands back, well away from KANE'S HIDEOUT. He holds his BLASTER out, staring along the sights, attempting to appraise the recent turn of events. In the corner of his eye, he spies TAY fleeing from the scene as the boy runs out across a MARKET SQUARE. TQ431 returns his sight back to the passage way next to KANE'S HIDEOUT. His last remaining ally, TC 194 is caught out in the open.

TQ 431

194, Move into cover. He...

TQ 431 is interrupted by the sight of a STORM TROOPER'S CORPSE flying into the front of TC 194, propelled from an unseen force; the CORPSE knocks TC 194 down to the ground. Against all orders and his basic programming, TQ 431 starts to run away. He doesn't look back to see a blur of KANE appear beside the STORM TROOPER PILE and cut the blaster arm off TC 194. With a grunt, KANE arcs his saber downward, decapitating TC 194.

Kane turns his attention to TQ 431, who has used the death of TC 194 as his chance to escape. KANE quickly reasons his direction and accelerates after his new quarry. KANE rushes down the alleyway and past a busy MARKETPLACE, the glow of his blade stops as he switches off his lightsaber and negotiates a passage of busy PATRONS, only to emerge out into the open air. He hears some muffled voices and the sounds of TQ 431 charging up his blaster.

KANE turns his lightsaber back on and moves stealthily forward. He moves up against a wall and twists his head to move around a corner.

TQ 431

Stop it there Jedi.

As KANE moves around, lightsaber still out in front, whirring quietly as KANE studies his prey. TQ 431 is holding TAY hostage; keeping his blaster held firmly against TAY'S head.

TQ 431

Drop your weapon.

KANE

You don't have to do this, clone. He's just an innocent child.

Kane moves over to the side.

TQ 431

He's a lawbreaker just like you.

KANE

I'm sorry Tay.

TAY

(Trembling)

It's not your fault.

KANE snaps his hand upward, sending out a FORCE PUSH that knocks TAY backward, leaving TQ 431 holding a blaster in suspended animation. As THE TROOPER whirls his blaster round to TAY'S new position, a light saber slices off his blaster hand and cuts into his chest.

As KANE removes it from TQ 431, he turns to TAY.

KANE

Very sorry Tay.

(A Pause)

Now please get going before more of these things arrive.

As KANE watches TAY run off into the distance, he is suddenly thrown into a wall, knocking him unconscious before his body hits the ground.

Another squad of troopers surrounds KANE and the haunting voice of the Sith expresses its satisfaction.

VADER (O.S.)

Impressive. Most impressive.

12. int. IMPERIAL SHUTTLE

PASTOR YENDOR is strapped into a metal seat inside an imperial shuttle. She has her eyes closed but she is focused, in deep meditation. Her trance-like state is broken by KANE DUROS, who awakens into consciousness, struggling with his HARNESS.