Scenes 31 - The End

31. EXT. HILLSIDE

KANE'S eyes open up as he stumbles back from the shock of the vision.

ZERAC raises himself up from the ground, staring over at YENDOR.

ZERAC

I didn't know a Jedi could have that power.

YENDOR ignores the comment as she opens her eyes to address KANE.

YENDOR

Did you see what the dark side offered you? You never restore balance to the force. Your countless murders will never be justified and the galaxy will be driven into further madness as you become their new Emperor.

KANE deactivates his LIGHTSABERS. He stares into space for a moment.

ZERAC

I take that as a sign he's not going to kill us.

KANE

No.

ZERAC

And the collars are deactivated?

KANE

Yes.

ZERAC

Well then let's go. There has to be a way out of here.

YENDOR

They will be coming for us. They didn't expect more than one of us to survive.

ZERAC

Then we are all dead.

KANE

Yes.

KANE turns around and faces YENDOR and ZERAC. His eyes glow but the look is a surprise to both his counterparts.

KANE

We are all dead. It is our destiny. But how we meet our destiny is our choice.

ZERAC

What do you mean?

KANE stares hard at ZERAC.

KANE

I think you know.

ZERAC

But that's insane!

KANE

It's insane knowing our fate and not doing anything about it. Are we not Jedi?

KANE looks over at YENDOR, hoping her gaze will echo some approval.

KANE

They are expecting us to limp away like wounded animals. We may be broken but we are not dead. I say we take the fight to them instead of waiting for our deaths.

ZERAC

I can barely walk.

KANE

I need you to ignore your pain, for this last time.

ZERAC peers down at his leg.

KANE

For this last time, I need you to forget your pain and punish those who started it. We need to remind this empire of why we were the guardians of the Republic.

YENDOR nods silently.

KANE

We need to strike into the hearts of our enemies and let them know what Jedi are capable of. We need to produce a rift in the force so strong that it shakes the Emperor to his very soul. We will send a message that will be felt in the Netherworld.