We Want to Break Free

(y/n) POV

"aT fIrSt I wAs AfRaId, I wAs PeTrIfIeD!" I sang in front of the electric-fan as I held it with my hands like a mic-stand, letting my voice distort on the wind as its blade rotated with great torque, my bed was my stage "ThInKiNg I cOuLd NeVeR lIvE wItHoUt YoU bY mY sIdE!"

Just as I was approaching the best part, the door suddenly opens. My twin sister and her partner, James Ironwood had suddenly entered the room. Coming home from Gail's shopping spree, James had his hands filled with bags and boxes while Gail held a single plastic with the logo of a fast-food restaurant.

And they just stood there... looking at me... judging me...

It was a full minute before James entered and broke the silence.

"Bored?" he asked as he put down the numerous bags on my sister's bed.

"vErY"

"Hold on" my sister smiling as usual "I'm gettin' myself one" and she left with haste.

I turned off the fan and put it down in place, as James took off his shoes and massaged his feet I asked "So... how was shopping with my sis??? Was it fun?"

I smiled, finally having someone to talk to.

"Your sister is crazy"

"Hah! Tell me about it..." in my head, I tried guessing what she possibly did this time. With James accompanying her, she probably toned it down...

"She challenged a lady to a dance battle!" he screamed eyes wide in disbelief, his lips slightly curving up.

"Well that's not too bad right?"

"It was a SENIOR CITIZEN!" his shoulders limped, he stared at me waiting for my response.

"Ohhh... let me guess, she did that wheelchair move" his only reply was fierce nodding that made him look like he was banging his head "But you still didn't answer my question, you had fun didn't ya"

He sighed, scratching the side of his face, looking away, he continued to nod albeit more reluctantly.

"But I'm just saying as well" he looked at me straight in the eyes "You need to put a leash on your sister..."

"Nah, she likes that"

Suddenly, Gail slams the door open, carrying a metal box around her arm "Oh yeah!" she screamed.

"An air conditioning unit!?" I stood up in shock, reaching for my electric-fan.

"Yep!" she raised her thumb at me "Let's do this!"

"Where'd you even get that?" James asked, tired and probably a bit used to Gail's antics.

"You wouldn't wanna know..."

"Sis!" I said, slamming the electric-fan to the floor like a staff "It's not gonna work with an air conditioning unit..."

"Well it will once I put it into..." she plugged it in, turning the dial to 11 "MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!"

She laid her head in front of its vents and the moment we heard it turn on...

"Ahhh... this isn't so bad after a long day~" the cold air went into her face and chilled her out, slowly refreshing her from her long day of shopping. James and I were also beginning to feel the cold air...

"Hey bro~" she said, sitting down on the floor, her head resting upon the air conditioning unit "Where's Glynda?"

"I think she's by the library studying" I said, looking back at the two of them. We just stood there and looked at each other for a while, not having anything better to do.